Saturday, August 22, 2009

grrrr


My free time vanished last night. We had a nasty storm come up and then we lost the power for a bit. By the time things were back to normal I was too tired to do much online. I really want some time to look stuff up and work on the blog. Oh well. I will make another attempt tomorrow. It is supposed to be my whole day off but I "think" I have to clean a house. Not sure yet. If it is a whole day off I am SO going take care of my own house and then hang with the kids and do mind numbing fun stuff. Tuesday I am bringing Cade to therapy and then some back to school shopping. Thank goodness I had a back supply of folders and stuff so all he really needs is a new pair of sneakers. He will need a new winter coat though. Sean never did take Connor shopping. I never thought he would anyway. I will probably bring Connor too to get things. He has no money left. Of course. At least he was smart in the beginning of the summer and got his $100 calculator the school requires. I was really worried about that. I can spring for some new sneakers for him and he can get his own clothes a little at a time. I do have to get him a binder but that isn't expensive (again...thank God). I got offered another cleaning job for next summer. It would only be once a month but every little bit helps. I am thinking of taking some classes at the art school this fall. The classes would be for photoshop and web design. I have been wanting to do those for so long now and it would have been something I would have taken if I had gotten the scholarship. Which I am still in the running for but I am not holding my breath on that one anymore. The only thing I am worried about is the cost of course. On the up side the classes I want to take are weekend workshops. So one in September, October and November. I know I will have a sitter on those weekends but it's $240 a pop for each class. I am thinking I might appeal to one of the islands groups. There is one on Long that might help. I don't want to ask the one here because they are going to help Will for his AFS and they are getting us a tank of oil this winter and I think I would be pushing it a bit to ask for money for some college classes. They told Will they would give him for sure $3000 if he got everything else in place possibly more. Well, I had better do some work now. I am again at the library. I was given the go ahead to work as many hours as needed this fall and spring here until it gets too cold. I can bring Sofie with me. More money...yippie!

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates