Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wet Week

It's been a while since I last posted. Time is flying by. It's supposed to rain all week. I hope that doesn't make my sniffles worse. I think I may have some kind of allergy thing going on. Who knows?


Anyway, I have been treading water as usual. I was able to get a few babysitting hours last week which was nice. Sofie had two days off because the older students had to take an overnight trip to the state capital for a field trip with other outer island students. That time was nice.

Connor is doing somewhat better. He is doing his school work again although not as much as I would prefer but something is better than nothing. Of course he is working for money less so he still has balance issues.

Will is getting ready for prom next Saturday. I didn't think he would go but he broke down and decided to go for it since it will be a masquerade.

Cade on the other hand seems to be doing fine except for in once area. His dad. He came home the weekend before last (friday) on the ferry as Sofie and I were going to get on in order to go for the visit. Cade usually comes home on the ferry to hang out with his friends and drop off his stuff then he rides back in. As soon as he got off the boat he said he had a bad day and wasn't going to go see his dad. He was near tears and adamant. Time was an issue since I couldn't take time out to talk him "down". Sofie and I would miss the boat otherwise. So I told him he could stay but to call his dad right away and work something out. If that meant him coming to town on the 7pm ferry or Saturday. I left otherwise Sofie wouldn't be going either. I can't take that 7pm ferry because there wouldn't be another one for me to come home on. I told Sean what happened when we got there and he said Cade hadn't called him. I was irritated of course since I was put into the hot seat. Sean said he would call Cade. I got home and Cade still hadn't talked to his dad. Fine. Not my problem any more. In the end Cade never went. This weekend Cade had Friday off from school due to a celebration thing his school does. I had to go in early on the noon boat for groceries and supplies so I told him he could just come in on the 4pm ferry like we usually do. I had Sofie with me and Will came along as well. He also didn't have school since it was a senior play practice day with which he isn't involved. We had to get some stuff for his new part time job (more on that later) and browse for pants for his prom outfit. I got to the bay lines to drop Sofie off and Cade wasn't there. Will called him on his phone and Cade said he had "missed" the boat. Maybe he did, maybe he missed it on purpose. Most likely on purpose. I told him he needed to call his dad. When Sean got there I told him what happened because, yet again, Cade hadn't called him. Sean said he would call. I asked him if he wanted me to call Cade right there but Sean said I didn't have to. I knew Cade would just not answer the phone if Sean called but he would answer if I did and I could just give Sean the phone. Nope. Didn't happen. Fine. All weekend he has been jumping when the phone rings afraid it's his dad. Something is going on but I am not sure what. It could be after the last incident with Kathryn (the yelling and shoving) he is afraid or has simply had enough. He isn't talking even though I have been probing every now and then. He did say he was feeling guilty about Sofie being there alone. He really feels like she is all alone there. He felt she is going to be angry with him. So, I am not sure what the next move should be with this issue.

My next school semester starts next week. I have to register tomorrow.

I have to contact DHHS. Sean got a subbing job at the end of April which should last hopefully until June. Lord knows he won't tell them.

I need a cup of tea for my sore throat and a good movie.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates