Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Sun has Emerged

Nearly two solid weeks of rain. Then, overcast with streaks of sunlight. I am not complaining much. I like cloudy days. It is getting warmer though and I have never been crazy about the heat. I think it should always be around 68 degrees. The kids think I am a freak.


Anyway, I have been super busy with school work. I really struggled last semester having other things going on. So far so good this time even though the pace is going to pick up. Next week is going to be a whirlwind. Will has his graduation and his stitches removed from having his wisdom teeth pulled last week. Connor has therapy which is back to happening weekly again, Sofie has a field trip, I have two classes and homework, I am doing a full day at the post office and babysitting. Speaking of which I am picking up a new one. The newest island baby one day a week until around September. I am excited about that one. I have an excuse to slow down a bit in order to take care of him. He is 3 months now. Sofie will be very excited too. I was also wrangled into Will's part time business, more on that in another post. So, I am nervous about all the work but happy too.

What I am worried about is the situation with Cade and his dad. Cade didn't see his dad again this weekend. I did have company he didn't want to miss and if he had been seeing his dad regularly he would have stayed home this weekend anyway which he always does when they come, which isn't often, which is why he stays in the first place. He hasn't seen his dad in over a month now. He plans on not going back either. At least this week he called. I told him he had to call or he had to go. If he thinks he is responsible enough not to go then he has to be responsible enough to talk to his dad and tell him why and have some kind of communication. The problem was he called and his dad didn't answer the phone. Sean never does when they call. He screens and calls back. That made Cade angrier and he left a message explaining his reasons and hung up. His dad called back but Cade said, "If it's ok for him to not pick up when I call then it's ok for me not to answer him either." I wasn't home when Sean called because I was on the boat bringing Sofie in but Cade told me when I called home to make sure he had called his dad. Sean said nothing when he picked up Sofie but I could tell he was pissed. I had just agreed to a weekend switch via email for next month and I doubt he wanted to affect that by yelling at me but it was obvious he was mad. Mad at Cade but found me the easier target. I try not to let those things bother me anymore but they do somewhat.

Will just made strawberry ice cream. Three days after surgery and he grilled and made ice cream. Ahhh to be young again...:) Gotta go eat this before it melts.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates