Monday, June 6, 2011

Big Day

Will graduated Thursday evening. Here is a link to a clip of the ceremony. At 00:46 you can see Will and two other students real well. You can see him again at 2:30 and 2:45 walking away. I will be buying a copy of the ceremony on DVD. He will hate me for that...:) In the mean time I have this clip. I will upload pics (as blurry as they are) soon. I have to find the camera first. I keep forgetting where I put it. Senility has hit me early it seems. Sean didn't come. I wasn't really surprised. I did think he might send a card or something but nothing so far. His parents didn't come either. Will did tell them about it and they had said they wanted to come. We haven't heard what happened yet but I think because Will's grandpa had eye surgery only a few days before and he is on oxygen and his grandma has to work full time as well as take care of her husband it may have been too much for them. I will try and not remember the fact they flew to Colorado last month to see their son graduate college. This was pre eye operation. Not thinking....not thinking. Anyway, Sofie was funny. She was yelling for Will and clapping, "Go Will!" Will went to his project graduation and then spent the weekend with a friend. He will be home later today and right to work on the boat tomorrow. I talked with him over the phone and asked how his project graduation went and he said it was "ok". They had taken a bus to a lake to ride an old style wheel boat but Will grumped that the captain was a coward. The captain said the wind was a bit rough so he didn't take the boat actually out on the lake. So, they were stuck on the boat, docked for hours. Will who is very conservative about when to go out thought the captain was just plain lazy. Will has almost enough hours in for his own captian's license so he would know better than me. He has some cards waiting for him when he gets back. None from his grandparents yet either though. My mom was there it was just the whole side of his dad's family that was missing. Even his aunts and uncles. Will was supposed to meet up with one of his aunts last Monday but she never called to confirm even though he left her five messages. They had all better watch it because Will has limited patience for being ignored. Other than that it was nice. Cade and Sofie caught small colds. Connor is sick now with a nasty summer cold. I have a scratchy throat and stuffiness but I am hopeful that it will be a small thing and nothing like what Connor has. I had better get back to my own studies now...

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates