Monday, October 29, 2012

I need to pray louder

Here is a pic of Sofie sleeping on the bus on the way home from her field trip. She had a great time and I will post some more pics later.

I have a stomach virus. I was praying to stay healthy but alas no cigar. I have been feeling crappy (no pun intended) since Thursday. The past two nights I have had about 4 hours of sleep because I have had to keep getting up. So, of course I am at work now. I am a bit cranky with the boys because with the big storm coming and feeling like crud it has been a bit hard to get everything done that needed to get done. They are all home today. School was being let out an hour early but that means squat with the ferry schedule. They wouldn't be getting home any earlier and if the boat couldn't run well they would be stuck in town. Sofie is at school though. Right now the weather is ok. It was rainy this morning (while I walked to work) but not very windy and no rain at all for the moment. I ordered Connor and Cade to finish the task of cleaning the yard. Will is baking and getting some food pre-made. I can barely see straight so I am of the opinion if they want to survive they had better be a little more self sufficient.

I lost all patience yesterday when I finally put my foot down started being very specific about what I wanted done. Connor (who is a pain in the butt right now anyway) and Cade began telling me I was over reacting and to "calm down". I wasn't even yelling or angry. I was just tired of saying hey, pick up the yard or pick up the house. I figured if I gave them one task at a time they wouldn't feel overwhelmed and I would know how the progress was going. Well, what they said did make me angry and I let them know it. The sheer gall to say that after ignoring me to the point of frustration and me not even screaming at them by that point like a lot of other people might have done. I had every right to be upset and to say otherwise was just hair pulling crazy. I told them if they really wanted to see angry to keep it up. I may not look like it but I can scream, throw stuff and swear like a drunk sailor if they want me too. They opted to not go for that scenario (thankfully) although I could see they thought it might be slightly funny to see me go crazy. Kids testing limits just sucks. I did ground them both for hurting my feelings and not doing as they were told to do until I was upset. Cade was mad and said it was unfair. I told him to look up empathy and irony in the dictionary. Maybe he will get it? I am not holding my breath.

On a funny note here are a few Sofie-isms:

While walking her bike and having the pedal hit the back of her knee, "Oh! My knee pit!"

Me telling her we are leaving in 5 minutes to go to school. "Fine. Then I will count to sixty, five times the mississippi way." She then slowly backs out the room staring at me suspiciously the whole time.

"What does friction mean?"

Sofie completely randomly: "I know what a lesbian is!"
Me: "Oh? Where did you hear that?"
Sofie: "Around."
Me: "Around where?"
Sofie: "Oh, you know places, the grocery store, riding my bike, Joker's." (Jokers is a kids party place)

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates