Tuesday, August 23, 2011

History Lover

Sofie has a thing about historical figures. The real problem with that is she doesn't quite understand that they are "historical". She thinks everyone is still alive. The day before yesterday she asked me if I knew William. Will was there and we both looked confused for a moment. I said, "Your brother William?" She said, "No! William Wallace." Will tried not to laugh. I told her I knew about him but of course not personally. She asked me why not and I had to break the news that he was dead and died a long time ago. She burst into tears and said how she had never got a chance to meet him and how unfair that was. Will at this point had his hand over his mouth to hide his laughter to not upset her further. Then she went on about this was just like the time she never got the chance to meet Jesus. Will had to leave the room by then. All I could do was give her a hug and commiserate about the unfairness of life.

1 comments:

Carol said...

Awwww....I laughed out loud when I read this!!!!

Will you be affected by the hurricane? I'll keep you all in my thoughts (as I always do!)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates