Friday, August 26, 2011

Near Tears

Has anyone noticed how I haven't changed my mood icon from overwhelmed all summer? It is a constant state of being. Tired could be right up there as well but I only have room for one emotion right now.

I tried to start reading a new book today and I really like it but I was in tears by page 17. Not that the story is sad in any way but a bit too familiar I guess. So, I am sure the rest of the day is going to be emotional.

I am actually at work at the library, very carefully not shelving the books I should be shelving. I did some but got distracted. I have been up since 5 am anyway. I was cleaning the babysitting until I had to come here. Connor said he would watch the kids for me (I was going to bring them with me) so they could play in the beach ball sprinkler instead. I thought that was nice of him to think of me and them to offer and agreed. I knew he was in a good mood because we had a good day yesterday.

Yesterday. We had a meeting at Connor's high school about him coming back. It was uncertain because there is limited space. We came up with a good plan and he will be going back on the 6th. We still have a few things to do to get ready but it is a huge weight lifted off of me.

If anyone is interested I was interviewed for an article that should be in the Wall Street Journal for August 31st. It is about one room school houses. So, if you see any quotes from an Amy on Cliff Island, that's me.

The storm. Well, it sounds like it is going to be a doozy. This afternoon I am going to make sure everything is put away in the basement that is not bolted down in the yard. I am going to get some drinking water ready and toilet water. I am grateful for all those bait buckets Will has been bringing home. We are all ready for the power to go out. Other than that we aren't very worried. We can always go to the hall if things get nasty. I really should invest in a generator though I think. Live and learn. I will be sure to let everyone know how we fair. Sofie will be in town with Sean. I am not thrilled about that but have little choice. Cade is again not going and Sean doesn't seem bothered by it anymore. Then again, Sean has been rather off the wall the past month. He's kind of in the clouds. Absent minded. Seen it before. Again, nothing I can do about it.

Back to shelving.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates