Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fighting the Urge

So for the past week I have been trying to watch the Harry Potter movies in order with Sofie. Tough task with how busy it's been lately. It took three days to watch the last one because we watch for only for a little while before bedtime or if Sofie falls asleep, which ever came first. Then I would get online and do some school work. We have a long ways to go. Sofie wanted to do it though and snuggle up with me since I have been gone so much recently with the new job. It's been fun but now I want to reread the whole series again. I just do not have the time but the itch is now there and like the chicken pox it mocks me.


Speaking of being mocked....

I did my first day alone at the post office today. I was worried I would be late which gave me a stomach ache. Stress I suppose. I did fine of course. I was faced with several letters I couldn't deliver and had no idea what to do because it hadn't been covered yet. I called for help and got that straighten out. I am not thrilled making change for people. I am really not familiar with the prices of all the inventory so that also unnerves me but I did well. After I was done I went over to the island store which, until summer, is only open on Saturdays. I loathe to go because while I love the lady that runs it I am not very impressed with her husband who works on Saturdays. I try and not get angry with him but he just says the most condescending things to everyone. Cade worked there for a while but couldn't stand being around the guy who would get angry over the smallest things. Cade has to deal with that enough in his life thank you very much. The guy has never been deliberately unkind to me but I think he just doesn't have a clue. Today for example he was trying to be nice, I think, by congratulating me on the new job but then he ruined it but saying, "It must feel good to finally have a job with real responsibility." It took me a few seconds to process that. Was he insulting me for not having a "real" job before now? It isn't like his wife is working right now. What does he mean by "real responsibility"? What about the library? What if I did a poor job cleaning a house? I doubt I would be rehired again. What if I had a child in my care that was seriously injured? Have I been sitting on my thumbs all this time? I just smiled and said something vague about the government wanting everything in triplicate, bought my eggs, which I now wished I hadn't needed and left. Anyway, I have some more training next week on Monday, Connor has therapy Tuesday, Sofie has a field trip Wednesday and I will be working at the Post Office the whole day on Thursday. My bosses husband had some appointments going on she needs to be there for. I think I will be ready. Friday Sofie has swim and I will have to drop her and Cade off for a visit. Some how I will have to fit in my classes. Who needs free time?

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates