Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Worried and Worried

Sofie woke up yesterday morning and was upset. I asked her if she had a bad dream and she said no. She looked very nervous and told me that the mean witch said to tell right away if she peed the bed. I had no idea what she was talking about having just woken up myself. I am not very lucid and 6:30 am. She just stared at me and nodded. I said that that was probably a good idea then waited. She kept staring. Then it dawned on me. I asked her if she had peed the bed and she cringed like I was going to scream at her. I thanked her for telling me. She had been wearing a pull up so I asked her if she had gotten the sheets and she had. I told her it was just and accident and how proud I was she had gone so long since the last time she had done that. I told her she was getting better all the time. She was very relieved. I found it odd since I never yell at her for something like that. Connor had accidents until he was 8 years old. I had taken him to the doctor and was told his bladder hadn't grown as fast as the rest of him and it happens to a lot of kids and he would catch up eventually, which he did. After dealing with that Sofie wetting the sheets once a month maybe is no big deal. I still have her use pull ups at night just in case (live and learn) but she just sleeps right through it if she does go. That night I was putting the clean sheet and protective pad on her bed and Cade asked if she had wet the bed. I said yes and he told me this weekend Sofie had wet the bed and "the mean witch" and gone ballistic. She yelled for Sofie to come upstairs and lit into her about not telling anyone about the sheets blah, blah, blah. Sofie was crying and scared to death. Sofie has always told me in the past if she wet the bed, sometimes at night but usually in the morning because as I said she just never woke up during the night. Now I know if she went and woke them up they would have a fit but then again if she waits until they wake then she will get yelled at for not waking them up. Lose lose situation. On top of that Sofie got yelled at for leaving the toilet seat up. Kathryn is afraid the baby will drown. I say buy a toilet lock because a four year old is just never going to remember. They are just lazy. They would have to help Sofie with a lock so I guess making her responsible and yelling at her is the easier option.


Speaking of yelling Sofie woke up Cade at 2am on Saturday evening crying because her leg hurt. She gets growing pains and I have brought her in to see the doctor about this several times. Will had it pretty bad when he was little but outgrew it by the time he was 5. Sofie may take a little longer but the gaps in between bouts is getting longer and longer which is a good sign. Still, when she has them she is in real pain. I have to get her pain medicine, warm heat and I have to rub her legs until she calms down which is usually half and hour or so. Cade couldn't get any medicine, had no access to anything warm so he rubbed her leg until she fell asleep. Sean and "the wife" don't help her because they think she is faking. The next day of course Sofie was cranky and tired and so was Cade. How Sean could think she is faking when we went through the same thing with Will is beyond me. Then again, this usually happened at night and he was always at work at that time so maybe he simply forgot. I feel helpless for her.

Also, speaking if yelling, way back when Will went on visits he told me about an incident when they left Sofie unsupervised (she wasn't quite 2 yet) and she dumped a whole bottle of sunscreen on "their" bedroom floor and smeared it into the carpet. Sean found the mess and had an extremely difficult time restraining his anger. I think he did because Will was there and waiting like a hawk for Sean to screw up. Several deep breaths later Sean went to the girls room and beat the crap out of a over sized stuffed bear. He pounded and pounded it. I guess this bear is his anger outlet because Cade said he was woken up at midnight over the weekend because they were fighting..again. He couldn't hear what they were saying exactly but it was enough to wake him from a dead sleep. He must have gotten the tail end of the argument because he heard his dad leave their bedroom and stomp down the hall. Cade peeked out and saw his dad again punch the poor bear repeatedly, mumbling something the whole time. Cade got scared and hopped back in bed before he was noticed. Sean never had to do anything like that when he was here. Is his anger getting worse? Is it the alcohol? Anyway, I am sure all those worries didn't help me yesterday and the car problem just sent me over the edge.

Will leaves for Costa Rica today. He is home right now packing his things and will leave on the noon boat. I let Sofie stay home today to spend time with him since she was crying about missing him. She is helping him pack which helps her with the process. Sofie won't see him again until Easter Sunday. I hope he has a good time but I will miss him.

1 comments:

Carol said...

I am so very sorry that your kids have had to put up with this for so long...and that you are relatively powerless to do anything about it--that would just kill me!

And then I think about the 2 kids that live over there all the time, and don't have anyone there to balance things out (like your kids can come home to you and you can help them recognize what's normal and ok, and what is not....) and I just get sick to my stomach thinking about what the future will hold for those two.....

I know it's been a very tough transition for you, but I'm glad you got away from Sean when you did....

Template by:
Free Blog Templates