Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It is now a game....

So, it poured today. Sheets. Thankfully it was clear when I walked Sofie to school. The bag I was carrying felt like it weighed a hundred pounds. I had all my cleaning supplies and the jumper for the car in it. I think I had mentioned before the island car had died. I was walking for a while and I was able to get some gas, jumped it again and it worked. Some might say, oh it was just out of gas stupid. Yet, the jumping problem is a serious issue. Jumping it every time I need to turn it on isn't fun. Anyway, that was Friday. I used it all weekend then *poof* dead again with gas on Monday afternoon. I had Connor pick up the jumper yesterday from the car and I charged it over night in a last ditch attempt to get it to go. I wanted to at least get it in my driveway either by getting it started or having it towed. A serious new car search in underway. I dropped Sofie off and went to a house across the street I was hired to clean. I got her at 11 am and we went back to the house so I could finish it off which wasn't easy since there is no water yet. I did what I could (too bad for the insides of the toilets) since the people are coming tomorrow. They will open the house up and turn the water on later this week. By now it is back to pouring rain. I had totally forgotten I had a PTC meeting and had to give a treasurers report this afternoon so I was trying to hurry. Sofie and I sloshed over to the car (which was still in the school's driveway) and I figured I would try and jump it. I knew I was going to get soaked. I got Sofie in the car so she was at least dry. Then I popped the hood and held it up, since the bar that holds it up is missing with one hand. I was also holding an umbrella in that hand and then I connected the jumper with the other hand. I noticed after all this the jumper had been accidentally left on since 8 am. I was doomed. Being the optimistic person I am I turned the key anyway. IT WORKED. Holy Crap. I disconnected the jumper and prayed it wouldn't stall. Now, the wipers have only worked twice since I have had the car which has been what, 7 months now? I could barely see out the window and Sofie told me to try the wipers. What the heck? THEY WORKED. I tried not to pass out from the shock. Of course the car has no heat so the windows were fogging up but it was a short drive. I have driven in worse shape. Once I got the thing in the driveway though I called for a ride to the meeting. I think I am done messing around with it. I think it is playing with me now. My own little Christine. Better stop now before it eats me.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates