Friday, April 1, 2011

What a Week

It's snowing today. Seriously. Schools canceled. Swim class canceled. I am trying to do some things online before we lose power. We may not of course but with my luck....


Anyway, I did my training Monday and Tuesday in town for my new job. It was nothing out of the ordinary. Boring at times, interesting at times and a long days for sure. The first day I was feeling rather sad. I could really feel it and it was noticeable. I should have been excited since I like doing new things but this wasn't really "new". I was training at the place Sean worked at and dealing with people who knew him and his father. It was embarrassing at times but I got the sense from thew few who asked after Sean they weren't surprised he was still on disability. I don't think they knew about what had happened and I didn't elaborate but I still got a few pity looks. I really didn't know how he was perceived at work but I am getting a bigger idea. I also found out about employee programs I qualify for and I was really upset. One was for counseling and support that I had no idea Sean and all of us were eligible for when he worked there. We spent so much money for counseling and things of that nature that were free through his job. At this point I don't qualify for benefits but if I get made full time I will. That would be nice. Still, with the bad job market I could be let go just as easily. I also have been doing my 24 hrs. of paid training this week. I have to go alone tomorrow even without all my training done. I am nervous because you just can not mess up. Official stamp this and do that in triplicate that. It's like when I worked the polls but this time I will be in charge. Eek. I will be trudging through the snow again this afternoon to practice again. Wish me luck.

I got my taxes back today! I paid off the dentist, credit card AND paid the rent on time. whoo! feels good. Especially since I have money left over and I will be getting a paycheck on the 15th as well as the child support. I still have to fix the island car but things are looking good on that front.

As for Connor.....I am back to square one after his little chat with his dad. *sigh*



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am wishing you the very best of luck today - and every day! You have such a good attitude and work ethic I'm sure you'll do well. And keep your head up, my dear, and a smile on your face! Things are getting better!
- Best wishes, Daisy in AZ

Template by:
Free Blog Templates