Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pressure

I have Connor's cough now. Wonderful. I hope it's just a fluke. I had a horrible migraine yesterday afternoon. It has been so long since I have had one I had almost forgotten how much they wipe you out even after the pain is gone. I am still feeling it's wrath. *sigh*


Anyway, I have finally heard back from Connor's teachers. There are only three I need to work with. The one who I was told might be the hardest to work with has been the most helpful. Still, he has yet to send Connor any work yet. We did set up how it was to be done though which is progress. His English teacher (and crew leader who Connor doesn't trust due to his connections with Kathryn) got back me only yesterday (2 weeks late) and then said he still didn't know what I was looking for. I am glad the school counselor got him to email at least. The last teacher is one neither of the boys care for and I never really knew why other than she was "mean". Don't most kids think that? Well, I know she is at least condescending. I can easily see why they think she's mean. She didn't tell me what I needed to know but instead told me it was impossible for him to do ( for various reasons, lack of equipment etc.). I thanked her for her perspectives and told her what I needed was the lab assignments and the expectations on what he was supposed to learn from them and that access to equipments and things of that nature are my responsibility. No word from her since my response. I have been cc'ing everything to the counselor and the principal so I know the teacher won't be able to stall anymore. Some teachers are like that with homeschooling. It doesn't make me mad, it's just annoying and time consuming. I really don't need her input at all. I could do this myself but I am trying to work with the school in cooperation. I just don't need the grief.

I had thought that Sean latest interest in harping on me and the kids was set off by money concerns. I still think this is the case. The time set for him to pay what he owes from court is coming up soon. I also know since they are moving that is also a huge life stress and a real trigger for his bipolar. The final straw I am sure is something I got in the mail yesterday. DHHS sent me a letter letting me know they were going for a lien on his personal property, real estate and bank accounts. Understanding the causes to the triggers helps intellectually but it doesn't really make dealing with it emotionally any easier. Besides there is a little corner of my heart that is rather happy someone is holding him accountable.

1 comments:

Carol said...

There is a little corner of my heart (it's about 500 miles square) :-) that is happy that someone is holding Sean accountable. When I hear that they are taking action, I want to throw a big party!

Template by:
Free Blog Templates