Friday, February 4, 2011

Tired

I have realized that when I am tired and have a headache I can get nasty. Not outwardly but in my thoughts. If I have one or the other I am ok but combined it's a nasty mix.


I had to bring the kids to town for a visit with Sean. I didn't sleep much last night because Sofie was having growing pains and we were all out of pain reliever so all I could do was have heat on her knees. Cade used the last of the kids medicine last week. He fell on the ice and smacked his head pretty hard. He was fine at first but he developed a headache and I had to keep him home a day from school to rest for a slight concussion. Will also stayed home that day because he also slipped on the hill and rolled to the bottom twisting his already bad knee. Both are fine now. So, I left with Sofie on the noon boat figuring if I had to go in anyway I might as well get a few groceries. Still, I wouldn't have gone and waited until Monday (because Connor has a session) to shop but Cade had to stay after school to make up a quiz he missed that day he was out. He could of taken the late bus but I figured I could pick him up since I was going to be in town anyway. However, if Sean had called or emailed or something this morning I would have just stayed home and had let Cade take the bus to the bay lines and come home. I am sure by now you can guess Sean was not waiting to pick up the kids this afternoon. We waited until the last minute but nothing. I called home and asked Connor if his dad had called. No. I got home and checked my email. Nothing. Then around 7:30 he calls. I also had to deal with Sofie throwing a tantrum about not wanting to go "over there" which brought on the first feelings of my now increasing headache. He asked me if I had gotten his message. I said no. I took the noon boat into town. He said he had called (no messages btw) and that he had no way to get a hold of me. I reminded him I don't have a cell phone. Then he said he didn't have Cade's cell number either. So? Cade would have had it anyway not me. I didn't point that out but who needs logic anyway? He asked to speak with Cade and when he was done they hung up. No explanations for me at all. I was really pissed. Still, I didn't ask Cade anything. That would be bad and bringing him in the middle of us "not communicating". I was going to ask what happened but he hung up before I could. Since I am a fool and like throwing things like the benefit of doubt around like candy I figured something important must have come up. For a few seconds I even thought maybe someone had to go to the hospital or something, maybe the car died? Will wondered if his dad had had an accident. Connor said even he did he wouldn't care. Will said he wouldn't either but maybe that was the reason. I was too tired and my head was pounding too hard to comment at all at their cruel and bitter words. To not care if their dad was to die in a car wreak? Are things so very bad? Cade then said his dad told him he was sick and so was everyone over there. All of them were throwing up non stop all day, even the baby. So, Sean made a good call to not have the kids come over. I felt bad. Until Cade told me they have been sick since the day before yesterday. He knew they were all sick so he should have just have let me know yesterday. It's all stupid to even bother over or get mad about. I realize that. Still, as I said, headache and tired don't care about that. I wasn't able to do any school work today and I really needed to. I am mad at the waste of my time. I am mad Sofie had to get so upset. I just need to go to bed. Things will be better tomorrow.

1 comments:

Carol said...

I think it's reasonable to expect common courtesy, both from your kids and Sean. The fact that you continue to give Sean the benefit of a doubt only reflects positively on you.

And it was a wise move to not draw Cade into the middle of things, even though you, as the mom, should be the one receiving the information...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates