Thursday, February 3, 2011

Too Much....

Things have been whirling around at quite a pace recently. I have been remiss in a few things and so have gotten behind. I am really struggling to keep up with my school work. My mind is so full I am having trouble focusing on the material. I am getting it done but if I am retaining it is a different question.


Monday was a big day. Connor and I met with his school counselor and principal to come up with a plan. To make a long story short I am going to home school him for the short term, for the rest of this trimester for sure. The goal is to get all his grades to passing from the first trimester, leaving the second to summer school and hopefully getting him back in school for the third. This in between time is hoping he will be adjusting to meds and therapy with the goal of getting him through this rough patch. After that visit we went on to his therapy session. He was quickly referred to a pdoc in their group who could take him sooner rather than later. That was supposed to be Wednesday. We had a blizzard that day so it was rescheduled for the 16th. I was really angry that it has to be so far out. That date of the 2nd was perfect. Too bad life isn't perfect and I spent most of yesterday shoveling instead. Anyway, on Tuesday I did all the paper work for the state and school for homeschooling. Thankfully I have done it before so I wasn't clueless. Then I emailed all his teachers asking them to fully inform me of what he had been doing and what he needed "exactly" to get his credits for that first trimester so we could move forward. As of today no one has responded. I am going to call later today the school counselor and let her know of the lack of response and ask for her email as well. She really is my go to person at the school at this point. I used to have a great contact with his crew leader last year but now his crew leader is a person neither Connor or I trust. We talked about this with the principal on Monday and he agreed that if Connor comes back for the third trimester that he can get a new crew leader. Sadly, this crew leader is his English teacher so we have no choice but to work with him. Connor just can't at all so it's all me. Speaking of English, Connor told me that during that first trimester he had to write journal entries and be involved in class discussion for a book. That all sounded fine. He didn't have a problem with that. Kathryn felt which of course then Sean felt Connor should instead of writing the journal entries write a 26 page essay instead to "get a better grade" and wouldn't let Connor do anything else. Now this school has a pass fail system. No A,B,C,D,F thing. 1 and 2 is fail, 3 and 4 is pass. Connor would have gotten a 3 just doing as he was told by his teacher. All that extra work maybe could have gotten him a 4 except he didn't do what was actually assigned. He got a 3 for his effort which was nice but the whole thing burned Connor. Now he thinks no matter how much effort he puts in the best he can do is a 3. He thinks he should be in a school where he can get "C's" which is all he is capable of. I am well aware this is the depression talking because he has always been able to get B's or higher with little effort. Telling him this however is fruitless right now. He isn't in a place to "get it". I hope we can get really started by tomorrow.

I went to the post office yesterday to drop of some bills (ouch), while I was there Anna (our postmaster) told me there was an opening for fill in postmaster for her and did I want to apply? Duh. I had to do everything online at home. I have no idea if anyone else is going to apply (I hope not) but I did and if I get it then I will working every Saturday from 8am until 1pm and any days Anna has off for vacation or for conferences. No benefits sadly but it would put me in the running to be the postmaster when she retires. That would be nice. Too many what if's right now. I am not even crossing my fingers. The thing that is in my favor is that I live here.

There is of course lots of "other stuff" going on. So much I am tired just thinking about it. Right now, I am going to make myself a pot pie and snuggle with Sofie while she watches a movie and I do my school reading. Multitasking is my new middle name.

1 comments:

Carol said...

Crossing my fingers that you get this job too--money's been really short for us this last month or so, too, and even the prospect of getting a little more can bring a lot of hope!

Plus....it'll be a "foot in the door" for maybe someday getting a job at the post office permanently--what an awesome thing that would be.....in some ways, anyhow....

Template by:
Free Blog Templates