Saturday, January 29, 2011

Progess

I am a dunderhead. I seem to have a little luck on my side though that helps to combat my airhead moves from time to time thank goodness. Well, we went into town yesterday for Connor's appointment. I also had to do some shopping for the school and hit the bank. I finally got paid from the loggers which was a relief. We get into town and I realize I had forgotten my car keys. *scream* Connor's appointment was within walking distance so that was a load off. As is the bank and the pharmacy. I had a friend bringing Sofie in on the noon boat so she could go to school and I called her to grab my keys as well. Thank goodness (again) I had her number. Still, we had to kill some time and so we went to breakfast and talked a real long time. It was nice so grab the silver lining.


Connor's visit went well. I think our long talk helped him be really open. I didn't go into the visit to give him privacy but I was brought in at the end and his doctor agrees that medication "would be in his best interest". So, she called his counselor and left a message for him and is going to expedite a visit with the pdoc for next week because she felt he should be the one prescribing due to the close monitoring Connor will need. She told us school was important but for right now not to worry about it and get the meds first and see how they work for him. Connor felt a huge relief. "Someone is listening to me." She told him what a great person he was and mature to acknowledge and ask for help. She wrote a note for the school for us to bring on Monday with her number if they have any questions. A lot of stuff is confidential of course so permission forms will have to be signed and stuff so everyone is in the same loop. Hassle, yes. Progress...definitely.

Got my keys and Sofie around 1pm. She was so cute screaming for me and running and weaving past everyone getting off the boat. She got quite a few chuckles. I did what I had to do for the afternoon and then we walked back to the last boat of the day. Cade was saying if his dad wasn't there by a certain time he was getting on the boat period. I didn't even respond. Connor waited outside. He wanted nothing to do with his dad. Who didn't call or send a card for Connor's birthday much less a present. Connor said he didn't expect one but you can see it bothered him. Sofie was again dead set she wasn't going. Sean showed up just before Cade's "deadline" but she wanted nothing to do with him. She screamed for me and he gave her to me to calm her down some. I stood her on the bench and fixed her clothes and told her I would see her on Sunday and that I loved her. Sean picked her up and she cried and screamed again. He asked her why she didn't want to go and she said because she wanted to be with her mommy. Sean told her she would "be with your mommy" in two days. She just cried and cried. Loudly. Everyone was staring and I felt horrible for her. Cade kept quiet but gave me a look. Then they left and Sean was not looking very happy. I emailed him Thursday about this weekend and asking about upcoming vacations but I haven't had any response at all. Just as well I guess.

On the way home Connor was good and talking with other people instead of curled up by himself as usual. It was noticed how improved his mood was. He was very helpful with the groceries as well. I pretty much took to Tylenol and went to bed. I still feel exhausted. I wonder how much of it is emotional?

Will is gone until Sunday. He is staying with friends this weekend. He has some friends in the school play, Little Shop of Horrors, and is seeing them both Friday and Saturday night.

I am taking the day today to rest up and do homework. I am feeling a little pressure on that front this week so that will make me feel better. I will do my cleaning work tomorrow.

I am not looking forward to going to town on Monday since it is supposed to be below zero with windchills......again....*sigh*

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates