Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sleepy

Being up with Sofie two nights in a row cost me. I had tummy troubles myself on Thursday. I was in town as well so that was awful. I was so wiped out when I got home. I even fell asleep in Cade's lap at the bay lines waiting for the ferry. He was sweet and patted my head. All the boys put all the groceries and other things I had bought for the island party away for me. Connor said I had a long day and should rest. Are they trying to butter me up for Christmas? :)


Friday was a nightmare though. Connor got the bug and was throwing up even though he felt fine the day before. Will and Cade had something completely different and had sore throats and congestion. They are both fine now. Cade was feeling better by Saturday morning. Will by Saturday afternoon. Connor seemed ok but threw up last night again. He did at least feel good for the party and had a good time. He hugged me at the end of it and said he was glad he was there. We got to take home a huge leftover salad, a whole lasagna, rolls and extra pie. I froze the lasagna though because I know we won't be able to eat it all with us all feeling sketchy over food right now. My tummy still gets sharp pains from time to time and I fight off nausea off and on. I never threw up though thank the heavens. I did have nasty back pain though. Just totally exhausted. I am glad I motivated myself to do school work on Wednesday because I haven't done a thing since. I still have stuff to complete but I did enough so I am not freaking out.

Cade had a friend out last night and he came to the party. Being out here was a bit of a shock I think. He is quite a shy boy. He asked Cade what kind of school lunches they had out here at his old school. Cade said ,"Homemade!" We all laughed at that since we were at the dinner at the time and it was not just our family there but two others. Cade explained it all to his friend who was kind of wide eyed. Then it was time for the play. Sofie had only one practice because she had been out sick all week and hadn't been on stage except once that very morning for a quick rehearsal. I wasn't sure they would be able to pull it off but they did great! All of us mom's were shocked I think. The preschool kids were supposed to be extra help hired at the last minute to help Santa and they hated the work and quit so they left the stage and the other elves tried to lure them back with money which didn't work, then whoopie pies which also didn't work then finally with tickets to Cliff Island (the best place in the world) which worked and they scrambled back on stage. Sofie then shouted she wanted the whoopie pies too. Everyone laughed. After that they did a little dance to the tune of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. The preschool kids did the echos. The part when they sing. "All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names." Sofie shouted, "Like Connor!" Poor Connor. Everyone laughed and snickered at him. He was shaking his head and smiling. Afterword people came up and clapped his back and told him it was ok that we all liked him. We sang songs and Santa came. Sofie was totally fooled. She got a little princess doll and pony. Will got a gift card to a mexican place in the Old Port which is amazing. Connor got $20 which pleased him immensely. I got a bottle of wine and a chocolate bar. Cade got Swedish fish and some other things but it was the candy they impressed him the most. He thought he knew who the gift was from but we pointed out everyone on the island knows his favorite candy is Swedish fish so it could have been from anyone. Sofie was so funny thanking everyone even Santa. I took a bunch of pictures but I have to find the cord to upload them from Will's camera. It was the most relaxing party I have been to since we have been here. I am not sure why. Maybe I don't care as much. I don't know but it was nice. There was a lot of people there. The one woman I haven't spoken too for a while came up to me and asked about the kids. She has been avoiding me because she knows darn well I am not happy with her for having Sean and his new family out to her summer home out here. I answered her questions of course. I am not rude. She said, "I see the kids are really happy here with you." I said, "Yes, yes they are, they all know this is their home." I looked her right in the eye and she nodded. It's her husband who knows Sean and is acquainted with him. I try and understand her position to not have conflict with him about all of this as well. I know next summer they will be here again and until it stops I won't exactly be very friendly like I was before. I didn't let it bother me though. It wasn't the time.

I was able to see the lawyer on Thursday and we have our plan for the court date on the 21st. We are just going to ask that the divorce agreement we already have stay in place and the case be dismissed. Connor is back home and "voted with his feet" as he did before when I let him go. It was the only thing Sean could site as a change of circumstance and now that's gone. If Sean still wants to fight it then we will ask for lawyer's fees as well. If it does wind up going to trial then we are looking for this to go on until maybe March or April. Also the fact of Sean wanting to move away for no other reason that that his wife likes the other area is only reinforcing his inability of being able to provide support for his kids. Not a money issue but nurturing support.

I had better get off the computer now. The screen makes me queasy.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates