Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Well, the snow wasn't too bad out here. The wind is pretty bad but we didn't lose power and for me that's all that matters. We had maybe five inches or so. It was light and easy to shovel. Good thing since I did it myself. Will can't go out into the cold at all or he starts coughing continuously. He had bronchitis. He is much better but he still has random coughing fits. We had to use a neighbors nebulizer to help his breathing out. I should have just kept the one Sean had. He said he was cured of asthma when he left here and left it behind. I guess he thought when he was leaving this life here with his family he was cured all all aliments, bipolar and asthma. Well, I sent him his inhalers and the nebulizer. I should have kept it for Will and Sean should have dealt with the consequences of his insanity and bought a new one for himself. I will have to see about getting one for the rare times Will should need it. I am too darn nice for my own good sometimes. Anyway, Connor was sound asleep and I didn't want to wait for him so I just went out and shoveled myself. I needed to start the car to keep the sketchy battery functional and get the trash cans which we put out the night before. I took my time and did a little bit at a time and it was fine. My nose is still a little runny so I had to come in a blow my nose anyway. My cold was really nasty just before xmas and I was feeling pretty bad. Christmas day though I was feeling much better. We had a nice day. I had to bring Sofie and Cade in that afternoon though and they won't be back until Saturday. Sofie was beside herself not wanting to go. Cade didn't want to go either. On Will's birthday (the 23rd, he's 18 now!) Sean called and asked to speak with Cade. Then he asked to speak to Sofie. Then he hung up. Cade said his dad told him they were going to go to Boston to visit Kathryn's relatives. Cade had no desire to to that. So Sean was going to pick them up on Christmas and leave them with his parents. He was supposed to come back on Monday. Let's hope he had brains enough not to drive in the storm. Especially if he changed his mind and brought the kids with him anyway. Who knows? Sean never asked to speak with Will to wish him a happy birthday. I thought for sure when I dropped the kids off Sean would have given me presents to give Will and Connor. He gave Will a card at least last year and sent two for Connor. Even though one was something Connor already owned and Sean just wrapped it and a used book it was something. He had nothing for them and I didn't ask. I am always surprised that he can still shock me. I will say though I am getting delayed reactions. I didn't even realize until I was back on the boat for home he hadn't given me anything. Maybe he will send something back this Saturday. You never know. Really, with Sean you never know.


Speaking of unpredictability, court. It was interesting to say the least. Sean didn't show up. He did send an email to my lawyer saying he was fine with the case being withdrawn and agreed to pay the taxes he owed me and back medical bills with his tax return. However, since he wasn't there the judge didn't want to put anything in an order without him being there. So, sadly we have to go back again. The plan in place now is that if he doesn't come next time then the case will be dismissed with prejudice and an order of enforcement will be put in place for the money issues. I don't know when we will go back. February maybe? Sean could sign a notarized order agreeing to the terms and we won't have to go back. I hope that is what happens. If he doesn't then we will seek lawyers fees as well. I thought how tiring it was that I had to go into town and pay for a sitter while Sean did as he pleased. Also, the mediator who showed up never got paid either so her time was wasted. Such a waste when we could have ended everything that day. Still, I am very, very happy he is backing off finally. Connor is doing better and not withdrawn. I have a meeting set up for next week with his school counselor. Hopefully we can find a solution to his anxiety and school issues to get him back on track academically. You know what I also find bothersome? Sean was so focused on Connor and his homework he wasn't even looking at our other kids at all. Cade told him he made honor roll (which was a struggle the last week before grades closed I can tell you) and Sean had no idea. He was shocked. If Cade hadn't told him he would have never even had asked how he was doing. I don't know if I should feel good Sean is confident in my parenting ability or angry at his neglect.

I have been away from the computer for a while. When I was feeling bad just looking at the screen made my head hurt. I am trying to get back into the swing of things and I hope be more attentive to all those who have been supporting me....:)

Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays!

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates