Tuesday, December 14, 2010

So it begins.....

True things have been a bit depressing around here lately outside of the party. Since we have all been in various stages of stomach flu or cold/cough it has been kind of rough. Will is still home. He was fighting a fever all day yesterday and was throwing up this morning. He seems a bit better now and is getting some math done over the internet. Nice. Cade is top notch and is off at school. Sofie went to school yesterday but is home today again because she is coughing and her nose is a like a leaky faucet. Then there is Connor. He went to school yesterday then missed the boat home because when he got off the bus he had to run to the bathroom to throw up. He had to wait for the next ferry. He got home and was exhausted. I realized however it wasn't all physical. He said he needed some fresh air and went for a walk. He should have been home by 8pm but didn't get back until 9:30. He was at a friends house here on the island talking some things out. Now, it is a good thing he has someone I trust he can turn to. Missing his bedtime though is a serious issue. It is one of the first things that gets messed up when he gets depressed. He told me before he went to bed that his ex girlfriend (the one he moved away from here for, who subsequently cheated on him, then spread vile rumors about him because he didn't want to smoke and drink with her and her pals) came up to him yesterday telling him she wanted to be friends again and he didn't know how to handle that. He was vague at first which ex he talked to so I had to be blunt and just ask. Then he mumbled her name. What concerns me is how he is having trouble coping with stress. This is obviously upsetting to him and I won't downplay that. The fact it sets him in a tailspin though is not healthy. He was lethargic and mumbly. He then missed the boat this morning and slept until 9am. Close to 12 hours. He ate but was looking very pale. I know he is still feeling under the weather from the stomach flu and I am sure that is a huge contributing factor. It really hit him hard. I am actually glad he stayed though because I don't him throwing up in town again. All his assignments are online so he can still get his work done. Still, he is moody. I can tell he wants nothing more than to be friends again with this girl but his mind knows better. So, we will see.


As for me, aside from a little queasiness from time to time I am doing fine. I had my two classes last night. One of my classes sounds like I am being taught by a valley girl. If she said uh..ummm....one more time I was going to rip my hair out. She is going to teach me to be an effective communicator? *snicker* Watch I will fail that class now.

1 comments:

Carol said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I haven't forgotten about you and have lots to add....I'm sorry I've been MIA lately.....

Template by:
Free Blog Templates