Sunday, May 16, 2010

Numb

Still sick but getting better, antibiotics help. I imagine I will have a few more days of random coughing and feeling tired but that is easily dealt with. I should be annoyed or tired of being sick by now but I think being sick has made me a little emotionally numb. I have been too tired and too sick to care about much 0f anything. I have missed some cleaning work and should be freaking out but I'm not. I have missed some writing deadlines and should feel bad about them but I don't. I should be royally pissed at Sean right now but I feel more resigned than anything. I should have known things would turn out they way they have.


I got a letter in the mail from the IRS on Friday. I was wondering if they sent me my return by mail instead of direct deposit like I had asked for. You all know what it was I am sure.

They took my whole return.
Sean did not pay them what was owed and even with me waiting until April 15th to file they still took the money from me. They should have taken what was owed from who ever filed first. I was told this from H&R Block and the IRS. Well, I never thought he wouldn't have filed at all. Maybe he did the married filing jointly with his new wife and was secondary on it. I have no idea nor do I really care. What I do care about is not getting my return. Writing this I am starting to feel a little angry but it dies quickly. I was on the boat bringing Sofie in for the visit (Cade refused to go again) and read the letter on the way in. I noticed he had tried to call me so I called back. He said he couldn't pick Sofie up and was sending his sister but she wasn't there (his house) yet and was wondering if I was going back on the 5:45 boat home. I told him I was and that I was sick and didn't even want to be coming into town in the first place. I told him I was going back with Sofie if he or his sister didn't show up on time. I would not let her go with Kathryn or anyone else I didn't know. Not once did he ask about Cade.

On top of that Connor asked to visit his dad this weekend (he got a new scooter from a friend and wanted to ride it in town) after we had the talk of wanting to ride a scooter on city sidewalks is the wrong reason for "wanting" to visit his dad I told him he could go as long as his dad emailed and Connor called once he was picked up. Connor had to remind his dad to email me. Sean knows full well and had already agreed this was what he was supposed to do. Connor went but did he call me? I got an email from Sean earlier in the day about the dental bills (he is still trying to squirm his way out of them) and said he would remind Connor to call. Did he? No. So while I had Sean on the phone I told him Connor didn't call. Sean said, oh well he's right here. I said that was fine but this was the second time he did not call and if he did it one more time then he wouldn't be allowed to visit. Three strikes and I am done. Even though my voice wasn't raised I could tell Sean was concerned about what I was saying. Maybe the utter boredom of my voice was leaking through. I then went on to inform him of the taxes. He sounded surprised (ha) and asked why the IRS would do that and why it was so much. I told him how I had gotten HIM a six month stay which was up last December and it had been accruing interest ever since. I said, "The fact is this is your responsibility not mine. There is a court order in place for you to do this and if this isn't taken care of I will have no choice but to take you to court. I really don't want to have to deal with this and I doubt you do either. I will also include all the back dental bills, child support and my lawyer fees and since you broke more than one court order don't be shocked if you will also have to pay fines as well on top of any fees you have to pay for retaining a lawyer yourself." He asked me if I had the letter with me and I said I did and he asked me for it. I said he could have it. Amazingly it was a rather civil conversation. He thanked me and that was that. I know he was being nice to placate me. He is all BS. I really don't care. I am also not going to deal with this until I feel better. I know I am not getting any money any time soon. It's just not going to happen. What I try not to think about because it makes my stomach sink is that if I do have to take Sean to court I have no money AT ALL to hire a lawyer. Nothing. The money I would get would all go toward fees anyway. Between the taxes and dental bills he owes around $2200. He owes around another $2000 in back child support. I would have to pay around $1500 for a lawyer. I should be fuming. I should be indignant. I should be scared and crying or upset. Angry. All I feel is numb.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates