Monday, May 3, 2010

*hack* *wheeze*

So, been busy...:)


I had company over the weekend. It was fun.

On Friday Cade had his doctor appointment for his cough. He has had it bad. First pink eye, that clears up and a day later his ear gets infected. Not bad enough for antibiotics they said but I bet if he had it then he wouldn't still be ill now. At the time his ear hurt he started coughing and had a slight fever. Fever is gone but the cough and congestion is lingering. Three weeks now. At the doctors (he saw someone new) he was prescribed an inhaler to help with the wheezing and allergy medicine (even though he doesn't have allergies) because it might help. I was "told" if it didn't improve my today to call and they would give him a prescription for an antibiotic. He didn't improve and since I was already in town for his therapy appointment I called hoping to pick up his meds. Well, they said they would have to call back. HOURS later they did and said since he has no fever they can't tell if it's viral or bacterial so I am supposed to watch him and if he gets a fever and coughs up green stuff THEN he will gets the meds. I just wish I could help him feel better. Speaking of feeling sick I woke up this morning with a sore throat. Crap. Now I am full blown sick. Congestion, throat, headache, tired. Wonderful.

Cade's session was shorter than planned. I was told to be there at 9am by intake but apparently it was supposed to be a two hour session that started at 8am. Thankfully the new lady saw us and took us in and we got much of the paperwork out of the way and made a treatment plan. Cade liked the idea that we are just fine tuning what he had already learned and giving him a place to talk about his feelings. She asked him if he wanted his dad in sessions and he said no way. She asked if maybe he could come in later and he said maybe. I guess that's progress. I got to have some alone time with her as well. She had asked him if he had any worries and he gave her one or two but I was surprised to hear that his dad threatening to take me to court to have Cade live with him wasn't one. He would have no problem saying so in front of me. I just don't think it occurred to him. I hope he took my words to put it out of his mind and not worry about it as a reason for that. I did tell her when we were alone all about their last phone call and how it instigated Cade's return to therapy. She didn't look pleased about Sean's threat. She also was not thrilled Sean was not taking his meds. Oh well. We go back to weekly therapy for a while and see how it goes. I am going to lay down now and try and rest. I have to work tomorrow and have class. I hope I make it.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates