Thursday, April 29, 2010

Scheduling

I was finally able to get Cade in to see a counselor next week. There are some pros and cons. I wasn't thrilled it took me three days to get a hold of anyone there. I was on hold forever and every time it was over ten minutes I left a message. I left a lot of messages. On the plus side he doesn't have to wait weeks for an open slot. So, that evened out for me. Another con was that his regular counselor is leaving for the summer. Even if Cade was still seeing him regularly Cade would have been shifted to a new person. Cade is going to see a lady named Rose on Monday. I asked him if he was ok with that and he was sad to not see his old guy but he was still enthusiastic to go. When your ten year old is looking forward to therapy you know things aren't good. He remembers the lady his dad I was were seeing and is kind of curious what it will be like to talk to a woman. I think he will be fine. This coming weekend is a dad weekend but Cade is still not wanting to go. He also is refusing to call again. I understand how he feels since the last call went so very bad. I hope I can get him to send an email instead. That way they are still communicating and everything will be documented. I have brought emailing up to Cade and told him how keep the doors open to talk is a good thing but if he was feeling scared about seeing his dad alone or over there and calling, there is always letters, email, talking face to face in a public setting and in therapy. So we got the therapy route on track now and I think he will write and email tonight. I feel better knowing he has an appointment on Monday. As for this weekend, even if he was seeing his dad without any issues he would have been staying home since we have company coming he hasn't seen in months. I want to make sure I do everything in my power to support Cade in seeing his dad. Therapy, encouraging him to communicate and being open and honest. What I can't do is force him to go if he is scared and do the talking for him/them. I also can't make Sean apologize or give Cade what he wants from his dad. It's a crossroads I guess.


I emailed Sean yesterday asking him if he could pick up Sofie early on Friday because I am doing some driving on the mainland and didn't know if I would be back by the 5:30 normal pick up time. I can afford to be late myself because there is a late boat on Fridays now that the spring schedule is up and can take that late boat home if I need to. I wanted to be fair to him if I was late since it would be my responsibility to get her there on time. He said he couldn't do it. (Gasp!) So, I told him I would call if I was going to be late. I am not going to hurry for him though. I was just shocked he answered the same day. I think the real reason he did though wasn't because of Sofie because he asked me about the dental bill I emailed him a week ago. He asked me if I really paid them the last time I went. Ha. Trying to squirm his way out of paying me is what is going on. So, I replied with an itemized amount for the whole year of 2009. I subtracted the $200 yearly upfront costs I have to pay according to the court order and included the other amounts he was behind in. He asked for it. I also told him I was attaching that email to the one I sent before to DHHS. No response since. I will have to mail those emails and a copy of the bill next week.

I have a few chapters to read today for class tonight. I really don't want to go, I'm feeling a little burnt out but we have Saturday off this week, that will help.

It's getting time for the summer island people to trickle in. I have houses to start cleaning and I have no idea when I am going to fine the time...*sigh*

I woke up in the middle of the night with a migraine. It's a new thing to be woken up with one. After I took my medicine I moved to another bed. Cade and Sofie had taken over mine. I fell back to sleep and was out like a rock. I woke up for the first time in two weeks without a headache and felt great. I had forgotten what is was like to wake up "normal". I hope I sleep like that (minus the headache) again tonight.

1 comments:

Carol said...

Sean has some nerve, you know that? (of course you do, LOL) I say take your sweet time and then some. You go a lot farther in making sure things are "fair" than I ever would, considering who you're dealing with and how that person has treated you throughout all this.

I'm glad Cade is going to get some help. Sean is really messing with those poor kids and it makes me furious!

Template by:
Free Blog Templates