Friday, April 2, 2010

Guilt or Not




Here are some more Boston trip photos. You can just see the top of Will's head in the pic with Connor.


So, I made the call to stay home with the kids today. I was pretty certain yesterday but was feeling really guilty about it. Why? Because I know Sean will be mad. The blaming will start. This morning however when Sofie was crying her tummy hurt while she was going to the bathroom (she has diarrhea) I knew I made the right decision. She is now eating a popsicle to get some fluids in her. Cade has lost his voice. It hurts too much to talk so he whispers and is very achy. At least his tummy feels better. I wasn't going to email Sean at all and just go to swim with the kids and wait at the bay lines like we usually do for him. He hasn't contacted any of the kids at all or me. Since they are sick and are not going to swim I will send him a quick note letting him know how they are. Connor is still feeling yucky but went to school anyway. It is a vast improvement from this past winter. I really think he has something seasonal like SAD when it comes to his depression. He still might miss a day but in perspective he has made big strides. Now we can work on maintaining and helping him deal with the punches when they come. It is interesting to note that the less contact he has with his dad the more stable he is. I didn't say happier because I can't speak for him on that but he is stable and for now that is the main thing.

Will is going to a night class in town tonight for his internship project for school. He is staying the night with a friend. His friends mom is the one teaching the class. Next week he has to present his public policy project (two hours long!) I hope I can get a sitter to be there and see it. That is the only day he has to be in school. The rest of the time he will be doing the internship. All the juniors have to do it and it's really neat to see the kids try out a perspective job like that. Will's is about breath for life. Controlling your breathing for stress relief and improving lung capacity for health reasons. It is more complicated than that of course. Proper nutrition and learning how your body functions are also a part of it. I am sure he will learn a lot and have a great time. The other Will out here did it last year and he interned at a coffee shop. Not some simple thing actually. The "art" of coffee and it's different blends. How to roast them yourself and blend and all that stuff. More in depth than you might think. It reminds me of a series I watched called Coffee Prince. The main character was a girl who after a bunch of misunderstandings and love stuff decided to make it her career and went to study it in Italy. Like I said, an art. You can see the show yourself on dramacrazy.net, search for Coffee Prince. It's subtitled though so beware if that isn't your thing.

I am working today which is nice since I did miss out on Monday and Tuesday. I will finally get paid next week. The mom I help out is just getting paid herself. I have to wait since she has to wait. Ahh, the joys of self employment.

Class last night was fun. We didn't have our quiz because the teacher had to work in town all day because the president was in town and wasn't able to print them out. So next week we have two. yuck. I was able to schedule my ambulance ride time for next month. All day on a Sunday. We have to get at least 5 calls. Now I have to buy myself new pants. Crud. Maybe I will find some scrubs or something. I dunno.

Well, I have two more chapters to read and sick kids to check on. More another time.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates