Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Again?

Yesterday was a super busy day. As I was waking up yesterday I heard Sofie moaning. That usually means her knees or ankles are hurting. It is mostly a night time thing and I still consider it night time if the sun isn't up yet. I asked her if she was feeling ok since we had to get ready to take the 6am boat into town for groceries. She said her tummy hurt then she jumped up and ran to the bathroom to throw up. She didn't the first time but did the second time. I checked her temp and it was 99.8. So, no town for her. I HAD to go. We had nothing left and no medicine for her. I gave her the second to last dose and there was one more left. What to do? I finally asked Connor to stay with her since no one else was available. I hate it when I have to do that but what can you do? I went shopping and called home after I got to town and she was sleeping in just her undies and hadn't thrown up again. Good. I got three shopping carts full of food but by the time I was done checking out it was 10 minutes to boat time. I wasn't going to make it. I had to wait 4 hours and 45 minutes until the next one. I went to another grocery store and got another banana box full of food, then went to the dollar store to look for birthday gifts for Sofie. I filled another box with stuff from there and stuff I cleaned out of my van. I had the time so I cleaned it. The goodwill store that I would go to in the same plaza was gone. Not closed...gone. Sign and all. I know where there are two others but that was my favorite and most convenient one to go to. I had class that night and so I stopped at a restaurant to study quietly and have a snack. All I had that day was a glass of milk and I needed to eat something. I called home again and Sofie had a fever of 102. I was very upset. I asked Connor if he had given her the medicine when I had told him to he said no. I wanted to strangle him over the phone. I had him give it to her and cool her off with a cool damp cloth. I told him when she napped again to make sure the downstairs freezer was cleaned and plugged in for food. I needed to plug it into a different outlet with an extension cord because I am still without power in parts of the basement and my room. I got home with the 19 boxes full of food at 4pm and got to work unloading. My class was at 6pm and I had blisters on my pinky toes from my sneakers. I haven't worn them since last summer. Sofie was sleeping again and did Connor fix the freezer? Of course not. Will wasn't home and wouldn't be until the 7pm boat so Cade helped, Connor did what he should have hours ago and I tried to get everything put away. Sofie woke up around 5:15pm. We had been unloading and putting away for 45 minutes by then. She was in good spirits but didn't want to leave bed. Her fever was down to 99 and I gave her another dose. I decided to just go and take my test and come home. I had been away from her long enough. By the time I left at 5:45 there was still food to put away. I left it to the boys and told them to do the dishes as well. When I got home the food was away but dishes never got done. I am still mad about that. During the night her fever came back to 101 and she threw up two more times. I am wiped today. I called to not babysit today. No need for Aiden to get sick too. We'll see about tomorrow. I have another class and another test tomorrow as well. I know I got at least one wrong, two I think and who knows after that. I will try and study today. Again, we'll see. The house it a mess too. Sofie has napped twice today already and the fever keeps going up and down. I am glad I have everything she needs here. She isn't dehydrated yet so I hope I can prevent that. Now that we have all this food I am too tired to make anything...*heh* It's a half day today for school. Cade will be home in a few minutes.


Should I email Sean and let him know how Sofie is doing? I feel like I should but then again...I feel like I shouldn't either.

2 comments:

Carol said...

19 boxes of food!!!!! That should keep you eating for a while, anyhow--I don't think I've EVER gotten that much food--you must feel awfully good about that!!!

I hope Sofie is feeling better....I think (and this might be petty of me) that if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't bother telling Sean what is going on with her unless he asks "How's Sofie doing?" or "How are the kids doing?". Otherwise it might just end up being another weapon he can/will use against you, and he's made it pretty clear that he's not all that concerned anyhow....I don't see why he needs to know unless it is going to interfere with his life or unless he asks. (told you it was petty, but he's just not the "right on top of it" kind of parent)

perphila said...

Can you believe there was still stuff I forgot?! I had to restock as well as get the normal stuff. Thank God for food stamps. I will have to go back next week I think...ack.

I am not going to say anything. Not to be mean but what would he do? Calm her down from a fevered nightmare? Apply a cold cloth to her forehead? Offer to buy medicine? Nothing.

I did hear from another mom here who had the same problem with her son. He has tummy troubles for a week. Longer than Sofie's three days last week and the doctor told her to not be surprised if he got a fever later after he recovered. That is exactly what Sofie did. I feel a little better.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates