Tuesday, April 27, 2010

To the Opera

Sofie loves to dress up and yesterday was no exception. Velvet dress and flowered head band she was excited for the school field trip. Cade was too but was still feeling tired from coughing. I brought medicine with us so he would be ok for the whole day. Sofie's dress choice was also good for her rash, keeping it covered from the sun. It wasn't hot yesterday except in the auditorium so she took her top coat off there. Even with the extra protection the rash got worse on her face, hands and arms again. I used her prescription cream on her arms and it helped immensely. Steroids. Wonderful. I hate to use it but it was much worse than the pics from yesterday. I want to scream at Sean for being so clueless. He never emailed me last night about it like I asked. Just before we went out the door to catch the water taxi he sent a one line email. No hellos or anything. I honestly doubt he even noticed her rash. He said he "thinks" it might be a "heat thing" and that it was only on her "hands most of the weekend". I can tell you it wasn't there Friday at 6pm. How he didn't see it on her exposed arms and face on Sunday is inexplicable. I'm on my own. Asking him was useless. She can thank him for the nice birthday present while she scratches away.


On the water taxi Sofie told the driver she was the pink panther and that pink was her favorite color. Then all the island schools met up and had lunch at a pizza place. After that it was off to the charters buses and we were on our way. Sofie was disappointed we weren't taking the train again or on the way to Boston again but got over it when we saw some cows. She was great for the performance but a little wiggly. She asked a lot of questions about what we were seeing but it was kind of hard to hear over the singers. Cade just liked it all.

I have my mid-term today so I had better get started reviewing. I could study at all yesterday or Sunday. Wish me luck.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates