Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rumors afoot

Sofie in her cowgirl get up. She also has a pink sheriff star and a little pink and white plastic pistol. Is it politically correct? No, but she is so darn cute chasing her brothers with it. I took this on Easter. It was such a warm and nice day.


Speaking of Sofie she is finally fever free. I talked with the mom of the boy I babysit and he has a fever now. Not as high as Sofie's but he is just sitting around I guess. Which for him is a huge deal. He makes Sofie look like a sloth with his energy and she is no slouch. I don't know now if I will be working Monday or Tuesday. I know I won't Wednesday - Sunday because she is going to visit her father who is getting a hip replacement. I did finally get paid though yesterday so I will have $400 to deposit when I go to town next. Which leads me into the area of money. I did my taxes which was good and bad. I think in the next couple of months I am going to have to find a free lawyer and see if I can get the divorce amended. I can do that now a year has passed. Hard to believe it's only been a year and a half. Anyway, tax wise I didn't get as much back since Will turned 17 I only got child credit for one. Sean and I each have two of the kids for dependents. I have Will and Cade. I don't know if I can do it but he gets four kids to claim with all the money that comes with that and I have one. Doesn't seem quite fair considering they don't live with him. Also, I still have no idea if he paid the taxes or not. When I filed nothing was taken so I should be getting the full amount even though it's slightly less than last year because of me losing Will. I did get some extras which almost balanced it out so I was ok with it. Still, it hurts going from $4500 returns to $1600 ones. There are other things I would like to see changed as well. Like my $1 a year alimony and the visitations. Cade is unwilling to go and it should reflect that although not take it away. I also don't think Sean should be allowed to be able to be involved in medical decisions but that might be pushing it. I have evidence for his behavior about that though. I sent him a email/letter today about the dental bill I was never reimbursed for for $465. He has a month then it's off to DHHS. I should have done it sooner but I didn't want to deal with him. I would rather be poor than have to listen to him whine. Sad of me I know. I'm done with it now though. I waited seven months for him to pay it. I knew he had to wait for the insurance to pay him anyway. I get it or I don't. If I don't it just gets added to what he owes through DHHS. My hands will be clean. I was a little bummed getting all my stuff together for the taxes and I was mumbling about how little I would be getting and Cade must have heard me because he said his dad was in debt. It had nothing to do with the taxes but I guess it must have triggered something in his mind about money. I intelligently went, "huh?" and he said that the girl there had told him the last time he was there ( which was about a month ago now) that she heard that Sean was $3000 in debt. Well. I damn well know he is in deeper than that to me alone much less his school loans, car loan, personal loans, money he took from Will, etc. Cade thought the idea his dad was in debt was pretty funny. I didn't say anything but the fact Cade was hearing this from the girl says a lot. The "wife" was telling Cade how horrible I am and how I talk about money. I do, just not Sean related money. More like, I can't afford for you to take 20 minutes showers and no you can't have those clothes from the mall. They both must be talking about money in front of her too. Guess they are evil too. The fact they are fighting about money (which is fabulous!) shows he is still doing all the things he was doing before just not hiding it as well. Kind of hard when he HAS to pay DHHS or lose his license. He can't just blow them off and skip payments. He short changes what he owes until the debt gets too high and they go after him again but at least he pays a chunk now. I have no doubt, no doubt if he isn't cheating on her by now he will be soon. Ditching the kids for weeks at time and cutting off pretty much all contact is another sign things are not bliss. I think I forgot to say the kids were supposed to be with him this weekend but he said he couldn't see them. He didn't give any reason. He isn't obligated to tell ME anything but what to I tell them kids? Cade was thrilled. Sofie is just confused. She was still feeling sick and had puffy eyes and she asked me if when she felt better if she was going to see dad. I told her she would in a couple of weeks and I was sure she would feel better by then. She said, "A couple of weeks?" I told her yes and she burst out crying saying, "He is too busy to see me." I know when she does go see him he is gone half the time doing other things and Cade said they tell Sofie when she asks to go with him that "Dad is busy right now but he will be back soon." So. She is hurting about it now. I wonder when she stops feeling hurt and gets mad, then jaded? She shouldn't have to feel this way.

Guess I had better study. I have a test to make up.

1 comments:

Carol said...

Wow. I'm glad you're getting money back, but I'm sorry it went down so much--DD just turned 17, so next year we will lose her, too--when I think about how grown up your Will is compared to DD, it boggles my mind. He's almost like having another grownup in your house, and DD is like having a 2-year old (sigh). I've been fantasizing about "How soon can I find a group home for her?" So that her defiance and tantrums can be someone else's problem. Yikes. I think I'll post a little on that. You're so lucky in that regard.

And ohmygosh, what an adorable picture of Sofie!!! That picture looks like it should be in a calendar or something, she is SO CUTE!!!!!!!

I'm sad that Sean's true colors are starting to show. Not surprised, of course (I'm sure you're not either), but sad, because your kids are the ones who end up suffering (or not, I guess, depending on the day....) (Sometimes I think that the hurt and confusion is a better way to suffer than the emotional abuse that they are subjected to from that group of people....)

I hope you're putting a little (even a dollar or two) away in a shoebox or something, so that if/when Sean crashes, and he isn't able to send you any money, you'll be able to get by for a while....it seems like the chickens are coming home to roost there....

You sound so much healthier than when I first started reading your blog--you've come so far, and you've done a great job of guiding your kids through this crap--I can't think of any way you could have done better, given the circumstances....

I think you should talk to a lawyer, too. There are a lot of things that need to change.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates