Friday, April 16, 2010

Slippery Slope

Sometimes, sometimes I am well aware of my own selfishness that most likely does not fall into the realm of "think of the kids" first.


Sofie was watching tv and a commercial came on about Chuck E Cheese. God. I hate that place. I didn't like it as a child and I despise it more now. We took the kids there a few times because they begged and it was right there at the time. The place is viciously expensive. Now, I could say I will never take Sofie there even though she would like to because it's too expensive. True enough. Great excuse to say to her face. But really? Really, I also have bad memories associated with the place. Sean took Cade there with the girl before he left a few times. The movies too, on my dime I might add. Now I know he was testing the waters to see if they would get along and fulfill any crap fantasy he had of a happy blended family where I simply didn't exist other than to do his bidding and child care so he could bleep around. What Sean forgot was I had raised all the kids to be polite and to swallow a lot of grief when it came to entertaining kids younger than themselves. After all, they wouldn't have to deal with them for long and could suck it up for an afternoon or so. Defend yourself if attacked obviously other than that smile and nod. So Sean thought Cade got along great with her. She adored Cade. That was never in question. Cade thought she was a loud and spoiled brat but he got to go places like that rip off pizza joint with a rat for a mascot (who thought that was a good idea?) so he did what he had to. If he got a movie out of it then cool right? I just get so bitter and angry thinking about that place. My son was used and I feel dirty. So, even if it would make Sofie happy to go there I just won't do it. Selfish of me? Yes. I just can't feel sorry for it.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates