Thursday, April 1, 2010

Trip and Stuff




I haven't posted in a week! Wow. Well, I did get sick and I couldn't let that stop me from going with the kids on the school field trip. I was hoping it would clear up before we left on Sunday but it didn't. I had class all day on Saturday and was pleased to see I had passed my test the previous Thursday. I had real trouble breathing though and I guess I looked rather horrible. After that I had to file some library paperwork with the library president and didn't get home until 6pm. I just changed my clothes and went to bed. We packed Sunday morning and all four kids and I got on the noon boat to start the adventure. This was the first trip since Sean left that the kids and I have taken. I mean with everyone and not with at least one kid left behind or to visit family. I don't think we ever took one as a "family" with Sean that included Sofie because he left when she was so young. It was her first train ride and she loved it. I admit it was very nice. We got to the hotel and went to the science museum on Monday. It was raining and we had to walk. Wonderful. We were there from the time it opened until it closed. I had left my medicine in my bag in the coat room and they wouldn't open it for individuals from a group so I was screwed. Sofie then cut her finger and the first aid kit was there too. I got a band-aid from a staff member. Sofie loved the bird exhibit. There was a thing there where you could try and sneak up on a robin. She had a blast with that. Cade loved the lighting show of course. Connor was pleasant and had a good time. Will took all of the photos and helped Cade with his scavenger hunt he had to do for his class. We had broken up into family groups. Funny enough it was hardest keeping track of Connor more than Cade. That night Sofie was having a slice of pizza in our room at the desk and she cut her toe on a drawer handle. It is nasty. She took off part of her toenail and the cut went right down the side. She hardly cried but I had one of the other parents (who is a EMT intermediate) look at it for a second opinion. I felt it was a neosporin/band-aid thing but it looked a little deep and I wasn't sure about if she needed stitches. I was right and she showed off her band-aid to everyone when we were done. It was her pinky toe so it was hard to wrap up. On Tuesday we went home on the train and just made the ferry back home. We had class that night and two of the other mothers on the trip who are also in the class were just as wary as me of going. We tried to study on the train. The bad weather turned out to be a little plus because class got canceled and we were all able to rest up. I have a test today though.


Still no word from Sean. I am pretty sure he knows where we were because Connor took his laptop and was on facebook at the hotel. His aunt (who lives near Boston) commented on his status and I know Sean is connected to Connor. Connor said he hasn't heard from his dad in weeks. I am not going to email Sean about this weekend like usual. I doubt Cade is going to go anyway because he is sick today. I think he caught my cold. Connor is sick today as well and Sofie is dragging but holding up so far. If Cade is still sick tomorrow then I am not going to take him to swim obviously and it has become usual that if the kids are ill they just stay home with me. I guess Sean doesn't want to deal with sick children anymore. Whatever. I won't know until tomorrow anyway.

I missed two days of work for the trip but I am working today and yesterday. I will be working Saturday and if we wind up staying home I will be working Friday as well. Somehow I'm supposed to go food shopping too? Ha!

The ed tech at our school is pregnant. So some good news there, for the family, the island and the school. The kids are all excited. They found out today and Cade saw it in the email they sent (a video with their son) and thought it was an April fools joke. I told him it wasn't and despite his cold he jumped up an down and laughed.

I will add more Boston field trip photos later. I will also add some photos of swim class. Sofie is out there in the water now. I am so excited for her.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates