Friday, April 2, 2010

Crossed Paths and Duh!

So I got an email from Sean finally. I was writing to him about the kids when his popped up so I updated mine to him before I sent. He said he would be waiting for us and asked if I could reassure Cade that he wouldn't be bringing up the money issue this weekend.


Huh?

So, I filled him in on the kids being sick and that we wouldn't be coming. I told him he should try and give Cade a call if he had the time but to be aware Cade's voice was bad and he is whispering and sounds scratchy. Then I told him I would tell Cade his message and that they would have to talk this money issue out themselves.

What I wanted to say was, "Are you insane or just plain oblivious? Do you not know what you have done? Do you think that if you don't bring it up that the problem is going to go away? Do you really think Cade's problem is worrying about if you bring the subject up again? If you do then that implies you think he is afraid of getting caught by you. No where in what you said did you mention apologizing for accusing him of something he did not do. You have broken Cade's faith in you. By your actions and words you have called Cade a liar and a thief and now you just want to pretend it didn't happen? Do you think Cade is going to be ok with this? That he will just forget it and move on? You have made it seem like you don't trust him. You accused him of something you have done to him in the past. Do you think just because you are his dad it's ok for you to say whatever you want and there will be no consequences? Do you just not get it? This is a crossroads for the two of you. You could use this to make real strides. Show you believe in him, trust him, are willing to protect him and have real regrets for you poor behavior and desire to apologize. That's one route. The other is shoving it under the rug and letting Cade's resentment, lack of respect and feelings of being unloved, unprotected and unwanted by you grow. Your choice. Now. What will you do?"

I didn't of course. In the past I would have. For Sean's sake. The kids sake. I would have tried to do something, anything, to make this better. Now I am stepping back and letting Sean deal with his own mess himself. The kids and him have to be able to work out their issues themselves. I can't be there all the time. My sanity just can't handle it. It isn't good for the kids in the long run either. They have to be able to learn to handle relationships their own way. This may turn out bad for Sean but that is his problem now.

So, I have yet to hear a reply. I am sure he is pissed at me. I hope he calls to check on Cade. It would be super if he offered to send juice and medicine but I'm not holding my breath. Because of his little fit on his last visit he sent them home with me and now will have to miss another weekend because life happens. It moves on and crap comes up no matter what your plans are. I had plans. I had plans of working all day at the library but I can't do that now. Take the opportunities when they come because if you don't something else will come up..it always does.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates