Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bite your tongue

When I found out about this I wanted to scream and track down Connor and shake him.


He closed his bank account we had set up for him. He was required to keep $25 dollars in it to keep the account. He had money in it but had spent it all and now felt he should be able to use the last $25 dollars totally missing the whole point of having a savings to begin with. Since he is a minor he needs a parent to open any bank account but doesn't need a parent to close it. If that wasn't bad enough he then went and had his dad open a new savings account at different bank with his dad as the other parent on the account. I couldn't believe it. His dad. The dad who stole directly from his brother's bank account. His dad who spent all of the $12,000 of his college money without permission. Money his dad never put one dime towards. Connor is trusting him to not take money from Connor's account when it suits him? If I didn't think Connor was crazy before I do now. Here's the kicker for me, I know I have to sit back and say nothing. I need to let him find out for himself how trustworthy his dad will be about Connor's money and not say I told you so when Sean takes it. Of course this may take some time since Connor isn't working to add money to any kind of account but when he does Sean will be right there to steal it. Maybe then, when Connor works for himself and finds out the value of his hard earned money he will understand. Will was so shocked when he found out he threw his hands up in the air and walked off saying he was washing his hands of his brother saying he wouldn't feel sorry for Connor one bit. I also found out Sean has opened savings accounts for Cade and Sofie but not Will. I guess as far as Will is concerned Sean doesn't have a son. I have been keeping him informed of Will's doctors visits and how he has been doing but Sean never replies or asks anything. So messed up.

1 comments:

Carol said...

When the day comes (and you know it will), I would have an EXTREMELY difficult time not saying "I told you so".

I just don't understand why Connor doesn't see this stuff! I'm frustrated and angry just reading about it--it's going to be tough just sitting back and letting "nature" (Sean) take its course--but you're right, that's the way to handle it....anything else you were to do would only create more animosity and denial(s).

Template by:
Free Blog Templates