Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Time for a Break

The power went out the night before last. I'm not sure exactly when but it was chilly when we woke up. About 30,000 people were without power because of the high winds. We got ours back around 4pm the next day. There was no school on the mainland but out here we just plugged in the generator and there was only an hour delay. I'm sure the kids were thrilled. Because there was no power I missed my 12pm class. I felt pretty bad about it. I emailed my professor today. I was able to take a quiz that can replace that missed seminar grade and I got 100%. Yippie!


Today I started my project for one class because I am having company coming on Thursday and they will be here until Sunday. I wanted to get a head start on all that work. I finished it but it took me nearly the whole day. When I was done with that I cleaned up the "new" car. It smelled. Bad. It was full of trash and mounds of dirt. After washing the fabric I sprayed it with febreeze and I left scented dryer sheets in there for the night. It is a lot better though. I am just glad to have it. It runs. I haven't checked the heater out yet. I hope that works too.

Tomorrow is school conferences for Will and Connor. I emailed Connor about it but he hasn't responded. Let's hope he shows up. Regardless I will get to talk to the crew leader and school counselor so even though I will feel sad and worried I will get something accomplished.

Here's crossing my fingers.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates