Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm in a mood...

Have you ever found your kids saying something that is more or less a quote or mannerism of you or the other parent? Well, the boys sometimes say things Sean would/does and it bugs the crap out of me. Actually it only bothers me when they are things that bugged me when Sean said it even when he was here and it was one of those things that are picky to just you (or in the case me) and you put up with it because you love that person and when living with another person there are just things you have to accept and deal with. Right? Well, now that I don't HAVE to deal with it and I hear the same phrases out of well, Connor's mouth I really get mad. Stupid I know. My tolerance level is shot to heck for sure. ok ok..here's one...


"To be honest with you...."

That one really pisses me off. When has Sean be honest a day in his life? When I hear Connor say this I cringe and feel sick. Not to mention that phrase usually prefaces and hurtful comment. Here's another one...

"I'm sorry?"

He isn't apologizing, he is asking you you to repeat yourself. Most of the time he heard you quite well he is just being snarky. Whatever happened to, "I didn't hear you could you repeat that?" or "What was that?" or even just plain, "Huh?"

There are more but I have to go back and do more reviewing. I just heard Connor say both those phrases and I want to scratch my own ears off.


0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates