Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Time for Meds?


Well, we got our first quizzes back yesterday. I felt pretty good about knowing the concepts but it was all fill in the blank and I stink at that. I did better than I thought I would and one question that was marked wrong was because in class the teacher said one thing and the book another. So he apologized for that. Another quiz on Thursday and we have to read 4 chapters by then! Will said he is glad he didn't take the class now. Both Will and Connor have CPR cards they earned in school but Will is old enough is take the class now and get certified at 18. He thought about it then decided with his school schedule not to. They really give the juniors a TON of stuff to do. More than I got for sure.


Anyway, I made dinner before I left and made a list of chores for the kids to do while I was gone. Nothing big. I had just told them before and it didn't get done so I left the note this time.

Wash, dry and put away dishes.
Put food away.
Pick up any toys.
Make sure Cade and Sofie were changed and ready for bed and to go to bed at 8pm.

Tough stuff huh? Will had to stay after school so Connor was in charge from 5:30 - 7pm (although last night Will rode in on the fireboat w/the teacher and other students so he was home at 6pm) when Will gets home. Then Will from 7 -9pm when I get home. Well, let's just say things weren't done, what was done Will did. I am so furious with Connor right now. I am glad he is in school so I don't rip his head off. I need time to cool off. When he got home around 4pm I was studying with a friend who is also taking the class and I had dinner almost finished. He was just rude and inconsiderate the whole time. He was going to fill a plate a go upstairs to "his room". It's just out of hand. Will and Cade no longer sleep there because he has taken over. Will just wants to sleep. It's the only thing he does in the room and Connor just blares his music and talks on the phone. So, there is going to be a talk today and limits are going to be set and boy am I going to get an earful. I am getting pissed just thinking about how he is going to try and make me feel guilty about this. Frankly I don't care if he gets depressed or not anymore. I know him having contact with others is vital but if he wants to wallow then I'm going to tell him it's time for medication. Enough is enough. Some of his crap is teen stuff. I know it and even if I don't like it I understand it and to be honest he responds to normal discipline really well. He might whine but he doesn't pull the guilt card or try and manipulate me. When he does that I KNOW it's the other behaviors and I am really thinking his issues are more than depression. His father's bad example doesn't help. So, this morning has been rough and I am trying to brace myself for the crap I will have to deal with tonight. It doesn't help I woke up with a headache.

Overall I am good, I have been working so I know I will have some money coming in even if it isn't much. Also, class is going well even though I am feeling very overwhelmed. It helps that everyone else feels the same way. I was also pleased to have one of the best grades in the class, I feel slightly less stupid. The other people there are really smart. We are going to learn how to take blood pressures Thursday and as I was reviewing the material I started laughing. Here was something I have seen done all my life and they way it was described made me feel like it was a totally alien concept. Luckily last night when we were talking about it, it made sense again.

Sofie made me wear a hat last night that is brown with a monster face on it called Domo. She said I was pretty when I wore it so I did for her. It got a lot of comments. About half way through class I asked the teacher a question about skin conditions and midway through his answer he said, "What is that on the hat? Does it have eyes? It's driving me crazy!" He was laughing and so did everyone else. I explained about Sofie and Domo and it really helped to wake everyone up and focus again. Thanks Sofie for helping us out...:)

1 comments:

Carol said...

It sounds like you are really doing great at your class, especially when you consider that you've been out of school for a while and that all this other stuff has happened....Good Work!!!!! You never know when you might be called upon to save a life--I have to say, I would be afraid to take a class like that--you're very brave, too!

As far as Connor, it sounds remarkably like a lot of what we've been dealing with with DD lately. We took her door off the hinges because she was pounding on it one day when she was angry. On Wednesday, she had a tantrum over socks. Because she "forgets" to wear them and then her feet stink, etc., then she says "I don't have any clean socks" or "I couldn't find any" one of her little goals that she has with her PCA is that she has to show the PCA seven clean pairs of underwear and seven clean pairs of socks. I heard her making excuses about that and how she was "too tired" to find any socks, etc., and I cracked down and she got mad and started screaming. So I started taking away privileges. And finally, she went in her room and about three seconds later had all the socks she needed. What a waste of energy, for sure....she turns 17 next month and I don't know if I can go another year!

Template by:
Free Blog Templates