Saturday, March 20, 2010

Where has the day gone?

Sofie woke up at 3am with knee pain. I felt bad because I let her have two cups of milk before bed and I knew it was the reason. We had all stayed up later than usual. Getting home at 7pm and then decompressing from the day. The whole event with Sean was upsetting for everyone. Will was surprised to see Cade and Sofie and Cade told him what happened. Will told me if his dad persists on hounding Cade then he was going to email Sean and demand Sean pay back the the money he stole from Will. $40 is a lot less than what Sean took from him. I didn't say anything. I was too tired to argue. Connor said nothing. He knew they were supposed to go but didn't question anything. I think for him that's for the best. Cade didn't tell Connor anything either. There is certainly distance between Will and Cade towards Connor about their dad. Connor still wants to believe but Cade and Will (who have had a lot more interaction with Sean) are just fed up.


Anyway, we all slept in until almost 9am! Sofie never sleeps that late. She didn't nap yesterday though either. I scuffed out of bed and I felt like what I have always heard hangovers were like. I have never had one for real so I am only guessing. Fuzzy like feeling, headache, slight nausea? I put the water on for hot fluids and began to cook breakfast. While I did that I popped the last of my deer meat (a roast) in the crock pot for dinner. I put in the last of my carrots and the last of my potatoes. I am out of onions so I threw in a package of onion soup mix and a garlic clove, salt, pepper and a 1/4 cup of chicken broth. I considered beef instead but since deer is a leaner meat I went with the chicken. Now I cross my fingers and hope it turns out ok. After breakfast I made oatmeal cookies. I was out of raisins so I added peanut butter chips and chocolate chips instead. By then it was almost 11am and lunch time was drawing near real fast. I am really low on food. I am getting a ride next week, or maybe tomorrow with friend to go shopping. I am really being creative let me tell you. Today I made a kielbasa casserole. I cut it up, added some frozen peas and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Then I made mashed potatoes from flakes. I used the leftover chicken broth instead of water for flavor and condensed milk instead of regular milk since I was out of milk. I added some cheese and garlic and it tasted way better than I thought it would. I put that on top and baked for an hour. I am eating it now. It worked out well thank goodness. So good in fact I would consider making it for a potluck. Way to go fake potatoes! I am done now and I hope tomorrow is just a leftover day. I did laundry and now I am pooped. I think I am emotionally freaked right now. Even though dealing with Sean isn't on the top of my mind it's lurking and I feel like I am shark infested waters. I haven't even considered studying today. We are supposed to sort bottles and cans for school this afternoon. I dunno if I wanna do that right now. We'll see. So tired.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates