Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trying not to freak...

Book reports for February. I don't know why we pay more for the school photo when this one is just as good. Three grades, one school...:) Next year Cade will be one the mainland but Sofie is officially starting preschool! It will be this picture minus Cade but adding Sofie...lol. None of my other kids did preschool but Sofie is so excited and it will be a good thing to keep our student numbers from dropping more. The year after that we will lose Olivia but get Aiden so it will still be three kids. We are hoping to get more families to come but...we'll see. I will still be doing the daycare though so, no change for me.


Quiz today for class and I am freaking a little. I am pretty confident about the quiz but the section test is Thursday and I in NO way feel good about it. I feel like I am learning for sure and I study all the time but trying to remember all the steps is killing me. I always forget something. Nothing that would kill you...:) Just how they want it for the national tests. Ack. I will do more studying at the kids nap time. I have been busy this morning. Working and getting food ready for the kids tonight while I'm gone.

The power went out in my room yesterday. Just my room. I checked the fuses and nothing. I went to the basement to see if there was a secondary box and saw the lights were out there too. The furnace must be on a different line because it was working thankfully. I called three of the regular island guys who fix things (our own Handy Manny) and one was off island, left a message with the wife with another (I have little hopes of him getting it) and didn't get a hole of the other. I will see that last guy tonight at class. So, it's weird having one room dead. Any idea on what I could do?

On a pure anger note I got an email from Sean last night. He finally returned a bunch of winter clothes I had sent for the kids to use because he asked. Of course now it's pretty much spring. Great timing. Anyway, I thanked him for that but what made me pretty angry was Sean telling me he was missing $40 from his coat pocket and he thinks Cade took it. He ambled up to it saying Cade has been "finding money" recently and did I know about it and that he didn't want to believe Cade had been "taking things" but that I should look into it and that he would also talk to Cade next weekend. Well, I did know Cade had found some loose change and a dollar here and there at some of the tournaments Sean has taken him to. Cade was very open about it and excited and even asked some of the teens there he knew if they had lost it. He didn't ask strangers though. Since no one claimed it he kept it. Cade also told Sean about it so he didn't hide anything. So, if Sean thought he was building a case against Cade this way he was sadly mistaken. Also, this past weekend Cade spent Saturday with his grandparents and spent the night there. Sean picked him up Sunday afternoon and brought him and Sofie home on the boat. It was kind of ironic Sofie was the one crying and begging to see them but in the end Cade went and Sofie never saw them once. Anyway, Cade had little time to be filching and his aunt gave him $9 which Cade promptly showed me before he even had his coat off on Sunday. He was very excited to have that much money (which is rare for him to have) and told me the whole story of how she gave it to him. I have since then had to pick it up twice and tell him to keep it in a safe place or he would lose it. If he had $40 I would have found it by now. In the wash or something. He would be living at the island store buying candy or pizza if he had it. He has no self control when it come to spending his money. Except around xmas when he spends it on others. So, I had to have a chat with Cade. I didn't tell him his dad was accusing him of anything but told him his dad lost some money and can't find it and was wondering if Cade had seen it anywhere. Like if he lost a shoe or a book or something. Cade is swift though and told me things had been missing here and there from that place and the girl had been accusing him of taking her money (a dollar). Cade was furious with her and hides all his things he brings there because she takes them. He instantly asked me if she was the one accusing him and if his dad was believing her. I told him I have no idea of circumstances and to not jump to conclusions. If he knew anything and could help to let me know and I could tell his dad. If he didn't there was nothing he could do about it. Then of course he noted the thing that had made me angry in the first place. "He is the last person in the world to accuse anyone of stealing anything after what he has done! He took my stuff and sold it to buy himself shoes!" I had to calm him down and he seems ok now. I emailed Sean and told him I didn't think Cade took his money and why. I thanked him for bringing it to my attention and that if he still wished to talk with Cade he should be aware Cade is touchy and doesn't take kindly to false accusations about anything. Very defensive. The gall....(shakes head) I think either Sean spaced and lost it himself. Which he tends to do frequently (his memory lapses tend to do that) or the girl took it. She has already gotten in trouble at school for stealing. Most likely it's Sean but...you never know.

Off, to make lunch...

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates