Saturday, March 13, 2010

Overwhelmed

So, the chat with Connor was as horrible as expected. I was so exhausted by the end of the day from crying and stuff. I am not sure if anything will change. He did acknowledge the fact I treated him respectfully even though I was pretty brutal this time. Brutal in the fact I was very honest and even though I may have said somethings that might have hurt his feelings I wasn't being purposefully cruel. He tried to shift focus a lot onto Will or Cade but I was able to nip that. In the end he cried some and revealed some stuff I KNEW he had been sitting on. He said how Sofie was lucky because it would be easier for her to "grow up without a dad than having a dad who did stuff who just leaves and turned into a selfish jerk." His words. I told him I couldn't answer that. I have no basis to compare and I would imagine each has it's own draw backs. He said stuff like how his dad couldn't see him whenever he (Sean) wanted. I finally said, enough was enough on that. I was no longer going to let him blame ME for the two of them not seeing each other. We had a nice talk about how how adults should act and how parents should conduct themselves. If Sean "wanted" to see the kids, he would make it happen. Connor knows this. Connor knows if there is something Sean wants he will ruin long time friendships and cut family ties, go into debt, WHATEVER it takes to do it. He did it when he was living "happily" here many times before his last episode. We saw him do this, repeatedly. I was not the one doing it. He said how we don't get along so it's tough for him. I have no idea what Sean is telling him but I tell Connor NOTHING. He said I don't trust Sean. I wasn't sure what or even if I should answer that one. For one thing it really isn't his business if I do or not. In the end I tried to keep it as a general concept not exclusive to his dad. I told him I did not trust his dad blindly anymore like I used to. Instead I treat his dad with the respect I would treat other people. If someone tells you they will do something and don't more than once then don't make it a trust issue at all. It isn't I don't trust him but that I will accept what his dad does when he does it and not have any expectations. If his dad says, I will bring a bag of clothes on Sunday for you and I get them, great. If not, then I won't get upset because I wasn't expecting (what could be construed as trust I guess) it anyway. This applies for anything. I won't pay a bill because dad says he will send me the money for it next week. I pay it when I get the money. Don't count your chicken before they hatch. This is a good policy ANYWAY, much less with Sean. I told Connor this is actually a healthier relationship to have with his dad and I was glad to have it so this was in NO way a bad thing. As far as visits go Connor just wants to be able to go when the whim strikes. No. That also isn't about trust. Connor still refuses to go on normal visitations. Why not start there? Why not establish some routine between them? Build their communication with each other and I will also not worry about where Connor is and if Sean actually there or not. Maybe I seem over protective but I want to know where my teenage son is to the best of my ability. I let him do basically whatever he wants, whenever and with whoever including his dad as long as he has his phone, let's me know ahead of time as much as possible (no one hour before stuff) and confirmation of some kind if it is overnight. Sean, other parents, whatever. If he's going to hang out for an afternoon. I only want a call. Connor thinks this is too much to ask and the reason he can't go see his dad for the afternoon is because we "don't get along." So, I asked him,"When have I ever said you couldn't hang with your dad for the afternoon?" No response. That is because I have never said no. It hasn't happened because his dad has been "too busy" or wanted it to be overnight and I have said school nights it out period. Summertime, fine. Weekends, fine. School nights, no. We talked about his rude behavior, his attitude towards the family (we are weird he says and he doesn't like us), pretty much everything. He was pissed at me for wanting to talk to him at all. Then he said it was because he had "just got home", excuses, excuses. Overall, it was good but he is still blaming me I know for stuff. I really wonder how the hell Sean gets away with leaving and being as ass yet I am the one who gets blamed for everything. How fair is that?


Sofie finally let go of the wall in swim on Friday with her bubbles and barbells. She was screaming for help but she did fine. The teacher was right there the whole time. Afterwords Sofie was proud of herself but said it was scary and she is never doing it again...:) Cade is whining about swim. It's his last time doing it but he says the teacher is too harsh so he doesn't want to do it. Once a week for a month and a half is too much he says. He was crying the other day saying how he is only 10 and his life stinks. His dad is a jerk to him, Connor is a jerk to him, he wishes the girl and her mother would just die, he doesn't want to swim, he is worried about going to the middle school and math is hard. Stress..stress.

I dropped Cade and Sofie off for Sean on Friday and Sofie was just a wreak. She flat out refused to go with him. She cried and screamed and said, "I am not going to that evil place! I don't want to see that witch!" Sean was right there and said nothing. I said to her, "Daddy will be with you." She said, "I don't want to see Sean!" Sean excused himself to go to the bathroom and I finally was able to get her coat on by asking her if she wanted to talk or see her grandparents. She said she did so I said, "I will tell daddy.." She cut me off and said, "Not dad! Sean!" So I just went with it and said I would tell Sean she would like to talk to grandma and grandpa. When he got back I told him in front of her. It was the only way she would even let him touch her. She hugged me and kissed me and said she would miss me. Now, I was having a really hard time. I was keeping my face neutral but you know what Sean did? He laughed at her. I could not believe it. I have never felt like slapping a persons face as I did in that moment. How dare he laugh at his daughter who was upset and scared? Cade only looked at me and then whispered to me, "See? I told you he laughs at her. Kathryn does it too. Jerks." They left and I went to the boat wanting to kill something.

My car battery in town died. I had to get a ride to swim and back with the kids. I have an appointment for next Friday for the van. $500 gone easy I know. It has other stuff it needs done anyway. So, I didn't get to go shopping and we really need food. I will have to bum a ride next Friday and get a jump as well. Wonderful. A friend told me today I should have AAA. I did then Sean stopped paying for it. I found out the last time the car needed towing shortly after he left. He had never told me so I was carrying a useless card. I can't afford to pay it now. So, I hope I can get help this week so I don't have to pay for a jump and stuff.

ok, I'm starving and need to eat. I had class ALL day and my brain is fried. I am feeling so overwhelmed. Confidence he says. Confidence in your own judgement. Oh boy, I'll try. On a funny note our teacher has a severe egg allergy (not the funny part) I mean the throat closing, not breathing kind of allergy, real bad. Anyway, lunch today was supposed to be egg salad but the person who brings our food remembered and changed the menu. Our teacher said to me, "Did you hear about the egg salad? That would have been exciting huh?" I smiled and said, "You bet! We would have learned a lot." He looked at me a moment, shook his head and laughed. Hope that doesn't affect my grade.

heh...:)

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates