Saturday, September 4, 2010

The female curse

I slept for 12 hours. I guess I needed it. I was up at 3am yesterday morning and was so tense I couldn't get back to sleep. The kids and I took the 6am ferry and I knew right from the get go it was going to be a long day. It was still hot out but not as bad. Sofie spilled yogurt on my shirt and pants and with no change of clothes I had to wear the stains all day. Sofie was also a bundle of energy at the doctor's office. She just didn't want to leave Will alone. He handled it better than me that's for sure. I waited for Connor to show but it was past his checkup time and he still wasn't there. I had filled the doctor in on what was going on and she said she would wait for him. Will had to have an xray upstairs for his knees and while we were doing that Connor finally showed. Sofie was very excited, she screamed his name and ran across the waiting room to hug him. Since she is so cute everyone smiled and thought it was funny thank god. She asked him the same thing she asked me, "Were you kidnapped?! Where have you been?! You had better come home!" He looked embarrassed but smiled. Then of all things he came to me and held him arms out for me to hug him. In front of everybody. I was more than shocked. I hugged him though and told him I missed him. Sofie wouldn't let his finger go so we went in to his appointment for a little bit. After he was done we went to the car and I drove him, Cade and Sofie to the bay lines to wait for Sean to pick them up. Will had already left to go to a friends house. We chatted for a bit and he said he was sick that week. I knew it was true because he still sounded congested. He said he got sick Monday night and how miserable he had been being sick and with the heat wave. Kathryn doesn't believe in air conditioning. Sean does. They don't have any...:) Anyway, I thought to myself but didn't ask, was he really at Tuesday's therapy appointment if he was ill? I really don't believe he was in the car at all like Sean said. I doubted before but now really, really doubt. Sean came and I told him how to care for Sofie's toe. She had dropped her bathroom stool on her big toe a few days ago and got a really bad cut. He just nodded and looked around. He was clearly not listening to me. I then called his name and he looked at me and I told him, "This is important. It can get infected. You have to do what I just told you." He said, "Does she take her band-aid off?" (inside scream) I looked at Connor and he just nodded at me. I knew he had been listening to me closely and sad to say I know it will be him that will be taking care to change her bandage everyday. I told Sean she always either takes it off or it falls off, she's four..duh., and to make sure it was clean and covered. Then they left. I went to my own therapy appointment but had to do a "where do you think you will be in three months" form for the insurance. All the while I was thinking, I will be a lot further if I could have actual therapy and not fill out your stupid forms! The counselor was sympathetic. So we "set goals" and stuff. I did get to unload a little and overall the visit was good. I always get a cup of tea which I like. On the way to the boat I was starving. I hadn't eaten all day. I was to sick to my stomach in the morning and too busy the rest of the time. I was going to grab a sandwich to eat on the boat but I couldn't or I would have missed it. I parked the car and Will called saying he was at the bay lines and had grabbed me a hot dog and a drink because he had met up with one friend but he left and the ride to the birthday party was running late. He knew I probably hadn't eaten. So thoughtful. I ate and hopped on the boat. I got home with a tummy ache anyway but not due to poor eating habits. I was experiencing the female curse. Wonderful. I keep telling myself I should have the birth control removed since it makes times like this very painful when it hadn't been bad before, but like a hole in the roof if it isn't raining you forget about it until it rains again. I am having my own physical this month and I will see about it then. I am still undecided and feeling a bit stubborn as well. I paid for it no matter how useless it is to me now and I want my moneys worth. Still, when it hurts this bad I am pretty helpless. I took some tylenol when I got home and laid down for what I thought would be a minute so it could work but fell asleep and didn't wake up again until I heard a mouse scratching in my room 12 hours later. I know I get tired from the curse and I know I woke up early and I know I have been stressed to the ends lately so maybe not having the kids around I unconsciously relaxed and there you have it. I am still feeling sleepy but I know it's just the curse and will pass in a couple of days. Still, I should have something other than chocolate cookies for breakfast right?


Btw...what happened to the hurricane Earl? I was looking forward to dark skies, wind and rain today. Why the heck is the sun out? I am not pleased. I picked up my yard for nothing. *pout*

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates