Monday, September 6, 2010

He made me cry again...moron

Got an email from Sean yesterday telling me he would have the kids back on the 4pm ferry. I was excited since today is my birthday and I would be able to have all four kids here to celebrate. I went to pick them up and they weren't there. I walked home crying. I knew right then he would be bringing them back today instead and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. He usually has them on long weekends so I had been feeling bad thinking they wouldn't be here most of the day and then Connor would leave when they got back so all four of them wouldn't be here for cake and presents. Turns out that is exactly what is happening so I didn't even bother making a cake. I know darn well he did this deliberately to hurt me because he knows it is my birthday. I still have a hard time grasping that he could do something like this. A friend stopped me on the road and gave me a hug. When I went to work at the library today I realized how upset Sofie was going to be missing out on the last story hour of the season. She had been practicing her poem to recite all week. The lady who runs it said she would come in on Friday so Sofie could do it anyway. So nice. I walked home after that and several people came up and hugged me and wished me a happy birthday. Most had already heard about what Sean did even though I hadn't told anyone. I had asked someone who got off the boat if they had been on it and that was all it took. Plus the other friend who saw me cry. I'm ok now but it just came out unexpectedly while I was going home yesterday. It feels awful to just burst out like that when you don't mean to. When I got home today there was a vase full of flowers on my table. We rarely lock our door here and this is one reason why...:) I have come home to food and clothes before too. This was just for me and I will take a picture of it. Connor didn't even wake up until just before I left for work today around 9:45am. He went to be a 9pm too. I talked with him briefly then had to leave. He wished me a happy birthday. He looked embarrassed to say it and asked me if I was 37. I said yes and he seemed pleased he remembered. He said he had something to give me but I had to wait until later and he would come by the library before he left on the noon boat. He showed up later and gave me a can of Moxie. I laughed since I knew he was making a statement. Connor and I are the only ones in the family who like it. Just the two of us so it was a very sweet gesture. Then he hugged me. When I got home I saw he had made his bed like I asked and did the one other chore I asked him to do. It was a nice change. He didn't do his writing of course but said he would do it on the ferry. I doubt it but it's his grade.


I have the golf cart for a few days so I hope I can get some cleaning jobs done this week. The next two days are town days. Tomorrow is the first day of school for the boys so I am sure Cade will be nervous. Sofie has her physical. I wonder if Sean thinks she doesn't need one too? *snicker*

I am a little sad today but I don't feel older. I guess that at least is a good thing.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates