Monday, July 19, 2010

Pay Day

I got my first summer time paychecks outside of library pay today and I am quite pleased for a weeks work. $597.50. Whoot! That didn't even included my babysitting pay. Of course $419 of it will go to my car insurance payment and the rest towards two bills so I still won't have the juice to cover rent next month. Still, I think I will be getting around $350 next week and that might just let me squeeze by.


Of course with any influx of money comes the curses of things breaking. As I said my VCR/DVD player is toast. It just won't turn on. I will sniff around with the hopes of a free repair from someone but I'm not holding my breath it will work. Then yesterday Connor parked Cade's bike at the bike rack in the square and a guy ran over the back wheel with his truck. He was drunk too. Connor confronted him (which led me to the, never confront a drunk person talk) and the guy said it will teach kids about parking their bikes in the road. Granted the bike situation is rather bad down there and kids do park every where but Connor says it was in the rack so I told him he needed to talk to the guys wife and let her know. I know I will probably just have to pay for a new wheel myself but I am hoping she will be understanding (she is well aware of the guys drinking problem) and pay for a new wheel. I hate conflict like this. If I had the money I would just buy a new one and be done with it. Less hassle but...*sigh*

I took yesterday afternoon off. It was hot, sticky and I was coughing. It is a phlegmy in the lung kinda cough and I hope it goes away. I have to stay as healthy as possible while the money making is somewhat good. I take all the chances to rest up I can. I know I was pushing myself a bit hard last week, so I am trying to pace myself a little better.

As I say that now I feel I should go and put the laundry in the dryer among other things....like eat some lunch..:)

Connor is home but plans on going back to his dad's Wednesday night. We'll see. He came home to earn some money and go to therapy tomorrow. I feel a little used and I am going to tell him so. No beating around the bush for me. He was bummed at his dad's because things didn't go his way and yesterday he was very happy being home. Now today he is bummed again because he is "bored". He worked for me today babysitting. He just doesn't like to work is the issue. Suck it up I say.

Oh, and I did email Sean today about the billing issue with the counselor. Since he is the primary on the insurance he has to be the one to do the submission. If he isn't willing to do it AND if he claims he still wants to go to counseling as we agreed in mediation then I will have to find someone else I guess. One step at a time and we'll see what he says. I am pretty sure Sean will say no OR that he will look into it and then just stall. I am hoping the latter because that will really show his follow through efforts. Ball is in his court now. I am so nice I even let the kids stay with him an extra day this weekend. They are coming home on the 4pm ferry. I will find out tonight if Cade was really ok with that. I talked with him but there is no way he would tell me he didn't want to be there with his dad standing right there. Sean wanted them to stay until 7pm but Cade has work at the store on Mondays and Thursdays at 4pm. I told Sean Cade HAD to be here since it was his job and responsibility. Sean sounded put out but finally agreed since really he had no choice in the matter. Besides, Cade is learning a lot about having a job, responsibility and honoring his commitments. All things Sean doesn't do.

I need a nap.

1 comments:

Carol said...

Isn't that just the way things go??? As soon as you think you might be getting ahead just a little, or at least not behind, something breaks :-(

I know that when we cleaned out my mom's apartment this past week, there was a VCR/DVD player that I don't think we need (but coming from me, that's not reliable, because I don't really watch TV), I'll check to see if we still have it and if "we" want it, if we still have it.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates