Friday, July 2, 2010

Progress...

Sean finally called and asked for Cade today. Not like the message on Friday about Cade intended for me wondering about therapy. Nearly three months, three months Cade has gone without a call from his dad. I answered the phone and told Sean Cade wasn't home at the moment but playing with friends at the square and I would let him know Sean called. Sean thanked me pleasantly and hung up. Cade got home about half and hour later and I told him. Cade was skeptical. I had no reason to lie of course. I told him I wasn't going to tell him to call his dad back or not to call him back. This was between them. I did tell him that I wanted his brain to chew over the idea that maybe his dad was ready to apologize, or maybe he wanted to join Cade in therapy, who knows? Cade thought about it but then said he didn't want to talk to his dad over the phone at all anymore. He said he was also feeling "sketchy" about his dad being in therapy because his dad would tell him one thing over the phone and then say another in front of the counselor and it made him very angry. I asked him if he called his dad out about saying two different things at the therapy sessions and he said he didn't. I told him that if dad came this time to just lay it all out. The good the bad and the ugly. Rose won't let dad raise his voice or call Cade a liar or anything else. That is why she is there. If dad tries those tricks again, tell. Tell, tell, tell and hold him accountable for other people to see. Let his dad know he can't do that to Cade anymore and that he can stand up for himself more now than before. I told him if he felt the only place he felt comfortable talking to his dad again was therapy then that was better than not talking at all. If talking on the phone was too hard then email him. No matter what he chooses Cade has to be the one to tell his dad when his sessions are and that his dad was invited to come. I wasn't going to do it. If his dad calls for him I am going to give Cade the phone and if Cade doesn't want to talk to him Cade has to be the one to tell him. I wasn't going to do it and neither would Rose. So, Cade chose to call his dad and tell him when his next session was, day and time, and that Sean could come if he wanted to. Cade didn't want to talk about anything else but to inform his dad about the session. Sean didn't answer his phone so Cade left a message with the info and also explained why he didn't want to talk to his dad over the phone or email. So far Sean hasn't called back. I would hope he would call to let Cade know if he is going to come or not. Again, that will be between them. I called the counselor and let her know Sean finally called and of Cade's reaction and subsequent call back. I wanted her to have a heads up if Sean decides to show up on the 13th. Maybe he will call her instead of Cade. If so I hope she tells him he needs to call Cade and let him know. It's like hand holding a baby with him. So, progress of some form. I don't expect it to last.


Yesterday I went and cleaned a house in the morning. I had the daycare gig off. I brought Sofie with me and she was a good girl and very helpful. We walked home and I was feeling beat and sick to my stomach. We had lunch and I put Sofie down for a nap and conked out with her. Four and a half hours later I woke up and freaked because I was supposed to clean another place that afternoon. I called and it was ok. She hadn't expected me anyway. Ha! So I am doing that job Saturday instead then after that every Thursday afternoon. I feel way better today. I wound up going back to sleep only a few hours later after my long nap and slept all night like the dead. I must have just been working too hard lately. I really need the money though.

I'm watching a movie tomorrow night at a friends place (dvd) so that will be nice. I really need some down time.

1 comments:

Carol said...

I know you probably won't see this in time, but just wanted to tell you I'm thinking about you.....

Template by:
Free Blog Templates