Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saga Continues

Last Tuesday Sean emailed me asking if we could switch days this weekend a bit for his weekend with the kids. He asked if I would bring them in on Saturday and he would bring them back Monday. I replied the same day that I would do that but since I had assumed the kids would be gone I had plans to work from 7am until 5pm and I couldn't get them on the boat in time. I waited for a reply about what to do next but he didn't send me anything. On Thursday I emailed him again letting him know the kids and I would be waiting at the bay lines for him at 5:30 on Friday like usual. Still no reply when I checked that night and Friday morning. So, the kids and I went in on the noon boat and I did some errands. I figured I had to go bring them in anyway and took off babysitting a little early to go to wal-mart and get Sofie a haircut. She is so CUTE! I had to go to the bank and a few other things. While I was at the haircut place Will called and said Sean had called the house while he was in the shower and left a message for me asking if I got his email about not being able to get the kids. He hoped I hadn't gotten on the boat already. He called around 3:30. If I had taken the 3:50 boat from the island instead of the noon like I did I still would have missed his call. I had not gotten an email when I checked at 11:30am which was the last time I could check before I got on the noon boat. So, I had to pay for a ticket for Cade to come home. I then had to rethink how I was going to work with Sofie home. In the end I left her home with Cade and Connor (who came home last night saying his dad was going "out" and there would be no one there) in the morning while at did my home care and then Connor brought her to the library and I watched her myself. I took her home for lunch (borrowed a golf cart) and took her with me to my cleaning job. I skipped the second cleaning job so I had to compromise. When I got home last night I checked the email (since Sean called) and saw that he wants to switch stuff again. He wants Connor to bring Sofie in on Sunday and bring her back on Tuesday. I don't see why Connor should be chosen without even asking him to watch her on the ferry. I at least ask when I need the help. I also don't see why Sean couldn't get the kids himself. After all I was there on Friday like I am supposed to be. I don't want to be unreasonable but I am just not sure I can figure out what to do. Cade works on Mondays. He didn't go in today on his own like Sean requested and I really didn't want him to when Sean would not be able to get a hold of me or Cade for that matter while I was going from job to job. I feel stressed and I didn't even do anything.


Sean also sent a reply to the lawyer's email to him. He said he had given me alternatives which he was sure I had failed to mention. He hadn't so yeah, I hadn't mentioned it. He said he was also sure I had failed to mention he couldn't pay the upfront costs. I had mentioned it. Then he had this to say about the co-pay costs:

The case management order clearly states that we will split the cost of counseling not the cost of co-pays. If your position is that I cover sessions with my insurance, possibly file paperwork, AND pay half of a co-pay then I guess we'll have to wait to see if the court thinks that's reasonable. Personally, I would like to get going with counseling.

I am still not quite sure he understands that co-pays are a part of counseling costs regardless of which insurance we use. If it was my state plan we still would split the co-pays. I am going to ask around on Tuesday for someone for us to see. He sent me an email later asking what I thought of going back to the place we went before. (I guess that is what he meant by alternatives after the fact) Unless I can find someone who is strong to hold people accountable I don't know. I am really concerned about finding someone good.

I just noticed Sean called this morning at 11am asking if Cade was coming in town today. He KNEW I wasn't going to be home. *sigh* I don't know what I am going to do.

I also got mail from the lawyer today. He filed a motion with the court to cancel the hearing next month because there isn't much of a difference in Sean's income to warrant a hearing for a reduction in child support. He got Sean's taxes since he copied them and sent them to me as well. Sean makes more than he reported in the child support affidavit. Together they make over $110,000. I learned an awful lot from those taxes. So, hopefully the court will cancel the hearing next month and all we will have is the other stuff (mediation and pretrial hearing) in September.

One can hope.


0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates