Monday, July 26, 2010

Trying to Stir up Trouble

Like Sofie's new do? :)


Got an email today that was sent at 12:3o am on Sunday morning that Sean cc'd to my lawyer. He said I was completely unresponsive about the kids coming to see him and how I needed to communicate with him about visits. He wanted to know if Connor was going to bring Cade and Sofie into town Sunday afternoon. I hadn't checked my email all day Sunday. I worked in the morning then cleaned my own house that afternoon. That evening I just dropped off to sleep. While at work this morning I checked my email and found the one from Sean. I can't believe he copied it to the lawyer. I know he is trying to stir up trouble making it seem like I am not cooperating with him and that it's an example of me keeping the kids from him. Why the heck was he up at almost 1am sending nasty emails? Mania? Who knows. Anyway, I answered him and cc'd the lawyer with my response. In it I reminded him I HAD responded twice last week about making some kind of arrangement that he did not respond to which led to me and the kids being in town waiting for him without him showing up. I was not completely unresponsive and I really didn't need to respond about making a time for him to see them after he bailed on Friday. I didn't say that though. I could be a real b**** and tell him, no, this is my time with the kids go stuff it. Why should I give you time with them when you couldn't even show up in the first place? How do you think they felt when you didn't show up? BUT....I didn't. I told him I was coming to town tomorrow anyway and if he can be at the bay lines by 7:15am then he could pick up Sofie. Cade has an appointment at 9am and didn't want to see his dad later and miss softball. I then told him he had not sent me as many emails as he claimed. I also pointed out that I had brought the kids for their visit like I am supposed to and he did not get back to me in time to save me the expense and time and loss of time for work. I then gave him a deadline of 6pm to let me know if he would be picking up Sofie. He did finally get back to me and he said he would get her. I know he isn't grateful for my sticking my neck out for this. *sigh*

I called Cade's counselor back today. She called on Friday but I was out of the house and couldn't get a hold of her until today anyway. Her message said she was getting some mixed messages about sessions and wanted to talk with me or Cade about it. Talking to her today made me want to laugh. She said Sean called her last week and wanted to schedule a session before Friday of last week for him, Cade and his wife. He said at Cade's last visit with him (the weekend before last and the first one in months) that Cade agreed to having a session with all three of them and the counselor. This was the first I had heard of it. Cade hadn't said anything to me about it. She said it sounded like he was rushed and since she hadn't spoken to Cade about it she wanted to talk with him first. We had a plan in place for Cade to have one on one time with her to check in about his first visit with dad in a while and where to go from there. After that if Cade wanted his dad in sessions or not that would be up to what his comfort level was ready for. So she said we would stick to the plan and have this check in session and go from there about any others with his dad or his dad and Kathryn. I hung up and asked Cade what was up. He said his dad had taken him aside last visit and asked him if he would like to have a session with the three of them and Cade shrugged and said maybe so his dad would leave him alone. I asked him why he hadn't mentioned it to me and he said it was because he had forgotten all about it since it was never really his intention to have a session with all of them. I told him saying maybe to his dad was like saying yes and he can't fence sit with him. He has to be very clear or stuff like his dad trying to schedule stuff happens. Apparently, the wife has lost all semblance of civility as far as Cade is concerned. He said she wouldn't even look at him all weekend and barely spoke to him at all. I asked him if that bothered him and he said it was better than her faking she liked him in the first place which he knew she didn't. He wasn't fooled and she treated him bad when his dad wasn't around but now even Sean is seeing it I guess. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference. I told him it wasn't a bad idea and he should keep it in the back of his mind to do sometime in the future when he has it figured out the best he can of what he would like to say and how he really feels. He agreed he needed some more time for himself first.

I am so tired. I did my nurse job, library, and two houses today. On top of having Sofie with me almost the whole time. I better eat something and get to bed. TEST tomorrow. eek!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So do I get this right, this Sean guy brings in 110 grand a year along with his new whatever-you-want-to-call-her and he claims to be unable to foot the bill for his part in the support of his biological children? FOR SHAME, SEAN. FOR SHAME.

perphila said...

Yep, that about sums it up.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates