Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Butt Backwards

I haven't done my other regular posts and here I am a day early for Caught my Eye. Oh well. Anyway, love the concept of knowing my toast isn't turning black. One slice at a time though? Not for my big family. Also, cleaning it might be annoying. Good for people living alone maybe.


So, I had my first class last night. It was interesting. Lot's of people from other islands I didn't know. That was unnerving for me. We got our book (1246pgs), workbook and intro packet. We also got a cd-rom. Ours to keep. Did the introductions and stuff. Nothing to tough. The food for the night was beef stew, homemade bread, fruit and yogurt. I have to read three chapters for tomorrow. I did that today but I decided to do the workbook stuff tomorrow. I figured, read today, workbook to refresh then class to solidify the info in my mind. I hope my plan works...lol. Saturday is CPR for 6 hours. I was certified before but let it lapse so I am hoping this will be a refresher for me.

I thought I was going to have work off today but it turned out I got a call this morning asking if I could do a few hours and (duh) I said yes. I sat in bed with a cup of tea and read, the kids were rather calm and had some fruit and watched a movie. I think because of the rain they were feeling the effects and were more subdued.

It's a half day at the high school so Connor's teacher told him to stay home. He has been coughing since Saturday. He has been a trooper though and has been going to school anyway. He doesn't have a fever and isn't hacking his brains out or anything. I've been keeping a close eye on him. I better not hear about his attendance being an issue when he was told to stay home. Will is home as well. He never goes on half days anyway and the teachers all know that. Half days mean three hours travel and three and a half hours of wait for the boat time as opposed to two and a half hours of school. No brainer on what they boys are going to do.

I'm in a pretty good mood today. I like rainy days. I feel fat of course, no change there but I feel like I have gotten a lot done today. I did all my chores, have dinner planned, Sofie is napping without struggle, I worked, did my homework, wrote, submitted my stuff and was given a recommendation for one of my stories. All good. Also, the leftovers got eaten so I am feeling thrifty. I hope the day keeps rolling along.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates