Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stuff I forgot to do...2

I also didn't get around to my library pick. I am not sure if you can find this in the library or will have to ask for it.


These series of books have inspired two movies ( I have both) and a slew of graphic novels. You can find this for Kindle now as well. Set in the far future after a world war that decimated most humans, vampires and various demons now rule. After 10,000 years of this the vampires are dying out and humans are beginning to reassert themselves. D is a dampiel (have vampire half human) who hunts the vampires and helps humans. Although it is never said outright that he is the son of Dracula it is heavily implied.

I really enjoy these novels for various reasons. First off the artwork inside and the covers are just amazing and unique. The stories are not long but really make the reader have to work to visualize what's going on in a good way. One book is centered a lot in various dreams. I have a hard time understanding my own dreams! It is great fantasy, sci-fi and a smidgen of horror. Not for young readers due to some mature themes. There isn't a lot of it but enough to make me cringe just a bit. I have the first seven of these so far. Not exactly a beach read but not too difficult.

You can find them on amazon.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates