Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Catching up

My night with friends last Friday almost didn't happen. I had taken the morning boat with Cade and Sofie because Cade had therapy at 9am. It was a long day. I did some food shopping and sent it home for Connor to take care of in the afternoon. Then we hit a few different Goodwill's and did some xmas shopping. Cade got all the presents he wanted to get for others. I had emailed Sean on Thursday asking if he could pick the kids up around 3:30 or 4pm so the ladies and I could have dinner before we went to the movie. Sean said he couldn't be there any earlier than 5pm (the usual time is 5:30) because of his classes. Well, that was interesting. I wasn't upset about it but I did note that he had said before that after swim lessons were over he could come to some of Cade's therapy sessions after I said I would try and move them to the afternoon. Now it seems it was all hot air. The last boat of the day is 5:45 there is no way we could have a later session and make it home. So, now I know for sure. I kinda knew Sean was never going to come back into therapy with Cade but, there it is. So we are waiting at the bay lines at 5pm for Sean and he's not there. I figured he would be late. He always is. When the normal time of 5:30 rolls around and he still isn't there I am starting to panic a bit. If he doesn't show up then I will have to go home with the kids and there goes my one night I have been waiting for. Not to mention the others had gone on ahead already. I called him and he said he had been on his way to come and tell me he wasn't going to take the kids this weekend. He had only emailed me yesterday saying he would so I was not pleased at the late notice. Cade was thrilled and grabbed his ticket and sprinted to the boat. In the end I had another mom watch Sofie for the night and I was able to see the movie and have dinner. It worked out but only by luck. Another odd thing I have been thinking of is this vacation. The kids are with me. It is all according to schedule. I thought for sure Sean would argue. After all he was supposed to have them last year but got into a fight with me about it instead and in the end didn't take them. I thought Mr. Tit for Tat would say he should have them since I did last year. He didn't. Not a peep. Of course today is his 1st anniversary with the "mean mean witch". Lucky him. I suppose that might explain him not saying anything. Maybe he is letting go finally, a little bit. As in fighting with me. I never once thought it was really about his desire to have the kids in the first place. He has his life and we have ours. He did call the day before yesterday and asked me if he could pick up Connor after school on Tuesday for the afternoon. I told him he had to ask Connor. If Connor wanted to see him then as long as I know what's going on it was fine. I gave the phone to Connor. Connor told him he would call him back. Connor never did and never went. Now I guess Sean is on the receiving end of the maybes and I'll call you backs and the oh, I forgot. I am staying out of it. They have to work it out themselves. Unless Sean puts more effort into it like say, more than one phone call every few months and shows some consistency it might turn around. I really doubt it though.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I know it's probably not appropriate, but I hope Sean just "fades" out of your kids' lives....I know on the one hand it would be painful for them, but I think that dealing with him is painful on another level.

And I still maintain that Sean's "wonderful life" will come crashing to a halt. He can't keep using everyone forever.....I don't think....

perphila said...

I agree. Enough time has passed where if he isn't having a decent relationship with his kids there are more reason than a divorce to blame.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates