Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm a bad person

So, things went pretty smooth last night. I have been sending Connor to go and walk Cade and Sofie home lately from the dock. It gives him a chance to see his dad otherwise he wouldn't. It gives Sofie and Cade a chance to regroup a bit before they get home. Sofie was very happy to be back. She always screams mommy and hugs me so tight it almost hurts. I am sure Sean is grateful not to see that. Not that I am doing him any favors. She was a mess. Hear hair was a tangled mess. I doubt it was combed at all since I did it Friday. She was covered in marker and she had a rash on her face and butt. Lovely. I gave her a nice long bath and covered her in creams and medicines. It took a while to comb the knots out. While we were at it I painted her nails a nice fall brown color. She was thrilled. It still amazes me she sits still long enough for the polish to dry. Will gets very disgruntled every time she comes home like that. He was mumbling about Sean being nothing more than a glorified babysitter than a father. I just let it slide. No point in getting into an argument about it. Cade said his weekend sucked. Then he said he wasn't allowed to say that there. He did go to the tournament on Saturday and had some good pizza and unlimited glazed donuts. So much for their "organic" life humm? When Sean is alone his true colors come out. Sofie had a huge bruise on her leg. I wondered if she fell but it isn't like anyone is telling me. Cade did mention Sofie got bit again and he saw the bruise on her leg on Sunday and was wondering how it happened. I am guessing she got it on Saturday when Sean and Cade were gone for the day. I am just going to go with the fact she is three and it's not surprising she might have fallen. I was glad to see they didn't have her hair cut. I am glad I kept my mouth shut and never said a word. I am thinking I am going to have to do it myself though. She comes back looking like medusa every Sunday and it hurts her to have to get it brushed out. I go real slow but still. When she's home it's a quick and bonding thing for us that doesn't hurt. Of course I always put it up at meal times and at other times she could get stuff in it. They don't do that. I am sure more stuff will come out over the week. Joy. Oh, and I got a picture from Sofie when she got home. In crayon so I wonder why she looked like a rainbow vomited on her hands? Anyway, the picture really made me mad. I mean I was so...so..sick. It was folded up in a baggie. She was happy to give it to me and I was shocked that Sean would be kind enough to send it to me. Then I looked at it. It said, To Amy love Sofie and Ragan. I didn't even want to open it. Cade looked disgusted. He looked over my shoulder at it like a person might look at a car accident. Morbid curiosity. I looked at it because Sofie wanted me to. Inside one half was a drawing from Sofie. Stick people and scribbles. Cute..:) The other side was from the girl and it said on it, Amy Rocks! Please. She has met me once. I feel like a bad person for wanting to shred the drawing. I know..know the girl acts the way she does because of her mom. It isn't her fault. She will be 8 years old next month. I just get into very angry mom mode though when I think of her. How can I like the kid who bites and punches my daughter? Who walks in on my son when he's naked? I want to be more compassionate. I want to be more empathetic. I just can't right now. I really don't like her. I have never not liked a kid before. I have thought some were rude and mean and stuff but not outright disgust. I wonder if she made that picture for me because she wanted to? I really doubt it. Unless they are telling her how wonderful I am which would be odd considering the woman puts me down in front of Cade. Twisted.


My cold is gone. No more sniffing. I am still getting the headaches though. I hope that ends soon too.

I got paid Friday and was happy to get $250. It's a sad amount for a weeks work but it was a good haul for me.

My island car is dead again. It must hate me.

I got more food today from a summer person closing up for the season. I got eggs which I needed. I am so happy. I was thinking....I am grateful for getting eggs...is that good or sad?

2 comments:

Carol said...

We had that same hair issue with DD when she used to be allowed to have an overnight visit with her bio mom....at the time, though, we weren't so broke, and I got some good detangler from the salon, and a good comb....not sure what I'd do if that was happening now....after DD was officially "ours", we cut her hair....no sense going through the trauma...

perphila said...

I bought the J&J detangler..it seems to help.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates