Thursday, June 3, 2010

Full Day Already

Up at 5am for the ride in town to make Cade's 8am therapy appointment. As much as I loathe getting up so early I love how easy it is to get around the city at that time of day. I can park at the therapist's office which is usually a nightmare. There are going to be moving to a bigger place soon. I hope it is easy to get to with better parking. The weather said cloudy today, chance of rain in the afternoon and 70. So we dressed cool, brought umbrellas just in case but no raincoats. Try 59 and constant rain. Figures. I am glad I brought extra clothes for Sofie. Cade's counselor said again how impressed she was at his vocabulary about relationships. I guess with his dad's illness he did get thrown into the deep end. She felt he could come every other week instead of weekly. She really wants him to practice not pushing his feelings away and over thinking things. To know what he reacting to. He knows anger quite well but is that from feeling hurt or something else? I see no signs that counseling so far is helping bring Cade any closer to seeing his dad. I do think it is doing him a whole lot of good.


I dropped him off at the bay lines and sent him on his way to another island where is classmates were waiting for him. They go to the other island school for joint activities once and a while. Today they were supposed to have field day. More like gym day and a presentation by some Japanese dancers. He will be home by water taxi with the rest of his school at three. Sofie and I came home on the 10am ferry and stopped at the post office and island store before walking home. Now I get to eat. I didn't get a chance this morning and Sofie is attempting a nap.

Class tonight. I really just want to go to bed. Half a day of work tomorrow then I have to bring Sofie to town to see Sean. Cade still refuses to go. Sean still isn't trying to talk to him at all.

Same 'ol same 'ol.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates