Saturday, June 12, 2010

Graduation Party One


Friday was the big graduation/end of year ceremony for the island school. It's always a big community event and it's always a bit stressful to pull off. I have been involved since 2002 when we moved out here. Back then there were six families with 10 kids in school. Two were mine. Now there is three families plus the teacher's wife and son. Half the year there was only two. It has been harder to pull off the xmas party and other school sponsored events but we managed. If Sofie goes (she is now enrolled for preschool!) and Sean doesn't get custody of them for the school week I will have another 7 years of school events to plan and look forward to..:) Yesterday was wonderful. Sofie got to wear the dress she picked out herself at Goodwill and her brand new open toed white shiny shoes. She showed them off to everyone. Will and Connor missed there last official day of school to be there for Cade. Oh no, I guess Sean is right and I am not a committed parent to Will and Connor. Anyway, it was at the hall and a lot of people came. We ate then the kids did their thing. There was a video of our trip to Boston. I added the link below.


The kids did all the editing and it's pretty good for elementary students. Sofie and Cade are funny in it. Even Connor spoke! Then the kids showed videos of their knowledge of the scientific method. I added a link below of Cade's video.


They did a little skit promoting our new fundraising for next year. Then came awards. Cade got a geography award and later on they pop quizzed him onstage and he answered everything even though he didn't know they were going to do that. He then asked if they wanted facts to go with the maps they asked him to name. That got a laugh. He got his graduation certificate, presents from the PTC and a memory book from his classmates. Then it was time for cake! Sean didn't come. He knows this is Cade's last year at this school. He never asked about coming. So...

I will post more pictures of the day later...:)

Cade's Graduation Speech

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I am the valedictorian of the 2009-2010 Cliff Island School Year. I am the 5th grader and Cliff Island School soon to be a 6th grader at King Middle School. My six year experience here has been AMAZING! I have had two great teachers. I have had two great ed techs. I have had four great principals. Don't worry, I am going to a fantastic middle school. The kids I went to school here with were AWESOME. I even went to school here with my brother Connor for two years. There are so many great things about this school I can't even start. My two favorite things about this school is that we got to go home for lunch and just hanging out with my friends. I will still come back to Cliff Island School on snow days. This is the best school experience any kid could ask for!









0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates