Thursday, June 17, 2010

Long Day #?

Cade has been antsy since Saturday about going to therapy this week. He whined, he cried, he begged. I told him he needed to talk this over with his counselor and they could come up with a plan together about what to do. We all got on the morning boat and went grocery shopping. It was only 7:45am and I wanted to pull my hair out. They were grumbling and snipping at each other all morning. I knew they were tired of course so I bit my tongue. I also knew the boys weren't looking forward to going to the dentist that afternoon to get their sealants replaced. Shopping for food seemed to cheer them up. Who knew? I did a few other errands and then it was time for Cade's therapy appointment. Will and Connor stayed in the are to take a nap and Sofie was looking forward to playing the the toys in the office. Cade had his chat and then I went in. The counselor told me Cade told her he really didn't want to come back but she had to pull it out of him. She told me he is so polite she had to remind him he can be open with her and tell her if there is stuff he doesn't like. He did agree to come back because she found he likes playing games more than just talking and while they do that he relaxes and opens up. So we are coming back again next week and then go from there about weekly or every other week visits. She said she feels like Cade is in a holding pattern. What is going to make a change is if he finds out about the whole visitation mess because of his dad's threats him over the phone and now Sean is doing it. She is worried how Cade will react to that and if he will feel guilty. She was surprised and encouraged by his response about how he doesn't feel guilt or that his dad leaving and the divorce are his fault. A lot of kids do. I told her that I repeatedly check in with him about that and remind him (and all of them except for Sofie) about the same issue. The other thing that could change things was if Sean talked with Cade. She said she was surprised he hadn't called Cade already. I told her Sean did the same thing with Will and at this point I didn't even want to try and guess what Sean would do. He might call, he might not. Sean is predictably unpredictable...:)


Then it was time for the dentist. I had hoped the visit wasn't going to be as long as it was. I wasn't able to go to the IRS office like I had planned but I was able to get some info from the dentist. I got a print out of everything I have paid since I have been taking the kids there. I talked with the billing lady and even though I don't know the dental insurance info which Sean should have already provided for me I was able to find out when it went into effect. The big bill he is trying to wiggle out of from last September was covered. The office resubmitted the bill right in front of me and the insurance company will pay the dental office and they will reimburse me. Whoo Hoo! I still have to wait three weeks but to finally have a light at the end of the tunnel is good. If there is anything the insurance doesn't cover I can then have Sean pay his portion of that. I hope it is fully covered. I have to email Sean later today about it and prep him for what I had to pay yesterday. $136 after insurance. I hadn't planned on that. I am glad I have been paying the credit card off for stuff like that.

I am getting paid again later this week for the daycare I do. The family the mom works for is finally paying her. I deposited the check for her yesterday and once it clears then I get paid. I am getting closer to my goal. I still need my library money but the treasurer isn't on island yet. The wait is killing me.

Gotta run and check on the napping preschoolers.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates