Monday, June 14, 2010

Fun and Games

Yesterday we had our cookout for our EMT class. A graduation of passing and completing our course. It was held in the house I used to live in when we first moved to the island. Cade was only 2 and we lived there four years and Sofie came home from the hospital there. It was hard being there at first. I haven't been back there since we moved out and it was hard not to cry. Overall though I had a good time once everyone was there. I don't know why but I felt a bit nervous. We told stories and our instructor did the grilling. I am not sure I mentioned it but he is very tall. Like, a mountain tall. He was running to catch the boat and smacked his head on the door and passed out cold. Good thing we were well trained...:) He was fine. When it was all done everyone caught the boat and it was rather sad.


I was at the boat to pick Sofie up. It was the normal time for me to pick her up. She wasn't there. I was not very happy to have to ask people I knew who got off the boat if they had seen her or Sean. No one had. I thought about calling him right away but instead I went and helped clean up the house instead. There was nothing I could do about it anyway. After I got home I tried to call Connor. He was coming home on the next boat. The one Sofie should be coming on next. I figured he could look out for her. He didn't answer. I figured he didn't hear the phone because he did call home earlier. I checked my email and Sean emailed me about Sofie but it was last minute. I called him thinking he might be with Connor since it was boat time in the city and Sean answered and said he sent Sofie home on the boat with Connor. It always makes me mad when he does that. Connor goes to catch the boat home and unknowingly winds up babysitting his sister on a ferry for an hour and a half. I am sure he was surprised. Sean apologized and said he should have called. I ignored the whole thing. Not worth fighting over. I just wanted to make sure Connor was ok. Sean said he was and I thanked him, the end. Connor called me right after that.

Sofie has been a whiny mess since she got home. She is so tired and scratched up. She said the girl there did it with a hair brush. Wonderful. She also thinks she can scream to get her way and be rude. I told her this was not dad's house and she had to follow the rules here the same as her brothers. She stopped crying right away. It was so sudden I was kind of shocked. It was a nice try on her part I guess to try and get away with being a brat but oh, well. Nipped in the bud, thank goodness.

Oh another note, I think I am getting unwittingly set up on a date. The island teacher's wife's mother (who was also in our EMT class and lives on another island) thought I would get along well with one of her sons....heh, heh. The wife also thinks I would match well with her brother and they are a powerful force I must say. He is my age maybe half a year older. We'll see. It's not that I am against it. I am not really for getting set up either. I would sure do a group thing. That would be fun. Life doesn't stop because of bipolar fall out. I am not going to let this court threat take up my whole life like before. Kids are still and always will be first. This time I need to show it more. In a few weekends it will be convention time. The boys are beside themselves with excitement. They are paying most of the cost themselves. Inviting a few friends who are also covering costs. I am basically food (thank you food stamps) and transportation. It will be fun. I am going to try and focus on that.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates