Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day Off?

So, I am feeling super tense. I was feeling really good yesterday. It was raining and I cleaned up most of the afternoon after I came home from a public meeting for the school and working at the library. I made a nice dinner and watched some cartoons with Sofie and snuggled up in bed. I wish it was raining again today. Cade and Sofie have been snipping at each other all morning. It's like they knew I didn't have to "work" today and saved it up to take out on me. I had been hoping to get some busy paperwork done today. I did get some done but breaking up a fight every five minutes is making me quite punchy myself. I was able to finally schedule an appointment for Connor for next week. I emailed Sean about it and called Connor. He actually spoke to me! He was all sullen and broody. I asked him if he was mad at me and he asked me why I thought that. I told him since I have called him and he hasn't returned my calls or called me or come home in almost two weeks that was a pretty big clue. He didn't say he was mad or not. I asked him when he was coming home and he said he didn't know. I asked him what he was doing and he said nothing. (scream) So I just started rambling about what I was up to and what we were doing here and he finally started laughing. He then told me some stuff about what he had been doing and his plans to see one of his friends this weekend. He would be on another island and not with his dad. Of course that would mean he would be going another week without seeing Cade and Sofie. I told him about the new appointment and he sounded annoyed. He wasn't thrilled his physical was coming up either. Oh well. Then I emailed my lawyer and let him know of all the latest counseling developments.


At the moment I am filling out some paper work for college classes I can take starting next month. It would be online and I spent a while gathering financial stuff. If I can do the online class stuff while Sofie is in school in the morning then be able to babysit in the afternoons it might all work out. It's all tentative at this point. Wish me luck...and patience...:)

3 comments:

Carol said...

I have a feeling that eventually Connor will figure things out. Right now it's all about him. But when his gf drops him and his needs aren't getting met at Sean's, or worse, he's being accused of crap like Cade, he'll be changing his tune and then you'll have to figure out how to put the pieces back together. (Just when things couldn't get any more stressful!)

perphila said...

I know all the things you are saying will only be a matter of time. I am just worried that if we change the current visitation schedule legally then it will have to be changed again when Connor flips again and that is not something I can afford or wish to reward Connor with. If Connor changed his mind and can came back Sean wouldn't let it pass because that would mean he would have to pay for him again. Money is what matters most to Sean right now.

Carol said...

I wish I knew more about how this stuff works so I would know how worried to be for you....actually, if you haven't already, I think you need to make sure your attorney knows that you are not being allowed to have contact with Connor at all and see what he suggests.

It's so hard to know what to do...I don't envy you for this one...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates